Penzoil Platinum Euro L

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be fine if maybe a little pricey. Holds a good viscosity at temperature and still falls within specs.

Originally Posted by edyvw
Originally Posted by Patman
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
The Dexos 2 designation, along with MB 229.51, usually indicate a low-SAPs diesel oil for European diesel cars & light duty vans. It's not going to hurt a gas vehicle, but I wouldn't recommend an extended drain OCI without seeing if the TBN can handle it.

Even though it's a low SAPs oil, the fact that it has the BMW Longlife-04 certification says to me that it can handle at least moderate OCIs. I might switch my wife's BMW over to this oil in the future actually, and would continue doing OCIs about every 15,000 km.

BMW LL-04 cannot be anything else but Mid or LOW SAPS.

So the name Longlife is kind of a misleading certification then I guess?

Originally Posted by sloinker
I think it would be fine if maybe a little pricey. Holds a good viscosity at temperature and still falls within specs.

"Maybe a little pricey"? It's on the shelf at WM for $22.68/5qts every day...?

Originally Posted by edyvw
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
The Dexos 2 designation, along with MB 229.51, usually indicate a low-SAPs diesel oil for European diesel cars & light duty vans. It's not going to hurt a gas vehicle, but I wouldn't recommend an extended drain OCI without seeing if the TBN can handle it.

Even though it's a low SAPs oil, the fact that it has the BMW Longlife-04 certification says to me that it can handle at least moderate OCIs. I might switch my wife's BMW over to this oil in the future actually, and would continue doing OCIs about every 15,000 km.

BMW LL-04 cannot be anything else but Mid or LOW SAPS.

So the name Longlife is kind of a misleading certification then I guess?

Not really, as long as it is used in low sulfur fuel environment it can go up to about 30k km OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back