Pentosin CHF 11S in GM Power Steering

Would there be any harm in using Pentosin CHF 11S in the power steering system of 2000-2006 GMT800 trucks, Tahoe, Silverado, Suburban, etc?

These specify GM power steering fluid in the manual.

I wouldn't use it. I once had a VW that used that fluid, and when I first bought the car, I went about topping up all the fluids. Not knowing any better, I used universal power steering fluid (that had a GM rating among others) to bring the PS reservoir up to max.

Within a few miles the PS pump was making a ton of noise, fluid turned into brown/greyish milkshake color mess and caused some major power steering issues; effectively ruined the rack. Even after a flush with the proper CHS11S fluid, I still had random stiffness/locking that would occur when steering at slow speeds.

I learned the hard way that these fluids do not play well together. YMMV.

Gm has a TSB for using Pentosin CHF202 in cold weather. I think the tsb was for 08 and up. Does yours have rack and pinion?

Might check rock auto and compare AC Delvo P/N's for the pump and rack. If they are the same, I would think you would be OK. CHF is Central Hydraulic Fluid (I believe). The ones rated for power steering commonly Pentosin. I think LiquiMoly has a CHF line of P/S fluid as well as others.

Pretty sure they connot be mixed with other P/S fluids or ATF. (See 92saturnsl2's post above)

Really good Viscosity Index.
Not sure the difference between. CHF11S and the CHF202, but I think the 202 is becoming more commonplace.

You'll be perfectly fine; I've used nothing but Pentosin CHF-11S across the board after a complete flush and refill. I switched my '02 Avalanche to back when I had it, and the gentleman I sold it to is still using it with zero issues.

Back