pentosin 5w40 in duramax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can get this locally at a pretty good price. i use it in my tdi but i was thinking about running it in my wife's duramax. any thoughts? i might try 5k and send it to blackstone labs.

thanks

-Jason

Pentosin HP 5w40 is fine assuming you get it cheap. The Pentospeed varieties are better (0w30 comes to mind).

yeah, tell me about it... it is supposed to be my next shoeing rig but she likes it... and i'm a ford guy
wink.gif
ihave amsoil pco 15w40 syn blend in it right now... i think that is the the un sung hero of amsoil and i can't wait for an analysis of it.

That Duramax would need, iirc, CI-4 or CJ-4 oil, so if that Pentosin didn't meet either one of those specifications, I would not use it.

yes sir, a mobile horse shoeing shop. right now i have a very small trailer that works great but the the long range plans are to put a shoeing body on my wife's truck.

i'll stick with T6 or amsoil in the duramax, thanks!

Agree with above. (unless there is some other rating floating around that they didn't advertise in their PDS).

What's wrong with any of today's CJ-4 oils that can be found on sale? How cheap can you get the Pentosin versus a good dino 15w-40 on sale?

The LBZ spec's CH-4 or higher; at least that's what my 2006 LBZ manual states. It may have changed in the 2007 manual. Regarless, a CJ-4 is excellent in the Dmax application, and there are far too many UOAs to state otherwise.

ACEA B4 is pretty much the equivalent of API CH-4, and some would argue that it is better than CH-4. I would not hesitate to use the Pentosin in the DMax. I am currently running Motul 505.01 Specific in my 02 Excursion which calls for CH-4.

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
ACEA B4 is pretty much the equivalent of API CH-4, and some would argue that it is better than CH-4. I would not hesitate to use the Pentosin in the DMax. I am currently running Motul 505.01 Specific in my 02 Excursion which calls for CH-4.

Light duty. Medium/Heavy duty.
shocked2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back