Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-30 5 gallon jug (3 pack) for $71.73 @Walmart.com

PUP currently about the same price at both Walmart.com and Amazon. That comes to less than $24 per jug before tax.

Walmart online:

Amazon:

At time of posting, it drops to $68 with the 'subscribe & save' option

Too bad we can't couple this with the $25 rebate. You can't use that with the retailer's web site. It has to be in person only.

But maybe there is someone who would price match Amazon? I don't think there is but if Walmart changes their store price it's possible.

Too bad we can't couple this with the $25 rebate. You can't use that with the retailer's web site. It has to be in person only.

But maybe there is someone who would price match Amazon? I don't think there is but if Walmart changes their store price it's possi

Yeah, this is more of a quick and dirty 'here's a good deal without having to do a rebate' type post. The subscribe and save Amazon option (that one would want to remember to cancel after delivery if you don't want it) nets you a cost per jug around $22.70, which is pretty good for PUP without doing rebate paperwork.

Agreed though, that would be even better with a rebate, but I suspect that this one was designed on purpose not to be eligible for a rebate deal.

Last edited:
5 gallon?..... I don't think so!
How about (3) five quart jugs?
Lol, I did type gallon and I can't go back and change it. Yeah, that would be a neat trick, wouldn't it? Man, that would be a good deal at 5 gallons. Also, a hell of a jug size!

For those that have the Amazon Prime card, as I do, the price comes to $68.14 after the 5% cash back. Not quite as good a deal as the Subscrive & Save, but it avoids the potential pitfalls of forgetting to cancel or having your cancellation botched.

Woo hoo! Thanks O.P.!

Screenshot_20240608-161756.jpg

Back