Pennzoil Ultra Plat. | 3122 mi | 2015 VW GTI 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this last UOA so much worse than the previous two with regards to fuel? Did you just get the APR tune?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
The owner's manual also calls for an oil meeting VW 502.00 or 504.00 spec

I second sticking with an oil that meets the VW 502.00 or 504.00 spec, like Valvoline Synpower 5w40 MST. Or just find a nice synthetic 5w40 oil you like, check its spec sheet and make sure it has VW 502.00 or 504.

Run the oil for the same length as the others, and see if there is any change in the UOA.

Last edited:
I have an Audi A6 which has an APR Stage I and II tune. Just posted an UOA here and there was no sign of fuel dilution. I know it's not a direct comparison but take it for what it's worth. Plus Stage I is usually just an ECU flash.

Originally Posted By: joema

No, but one of the world's most experience lubrication engineers could show them a thing or two.

Who is this 'most experienced lubrication engineer that you speak of? If it's Terry Dyson then you might want to review his resume'.

Originally Posted By: silversapphire
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
The owner's manual also calls for an oil meeting VW 502.00 or 504.00 spec

I second sticking with an oil that meets the VW 502.00 or 504.00 spec, like Valvoline Synpower 5w40 MST. Or just find a nice synthetic 5w40 oil you like, check its spec sheet and make sure it has VW 502.00 or 504.

Run the oil for the same length as the others, and see if there is any change in the UOA.

Other good ones are: Mobil 1 0W40, Castrol 0W40 or Casrtol 0W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back