Pennzoil Ultra 5W-30, 4K miles, 2016 Ford 3.5L EcoBoost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previous report was with Quaker State Ultimate Durability @ 4,500 miles. I was concerned about the metal count then, so I switched it up a little bit.

I have since done numerous mods and installed a tune, so I think I'm going to stick with 4,000 OCI's.

So where's the UOA?
lol.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
So where's the UOA?
lol.gif

Maybe this is a new thing... summarizing?🤔

Originally Posted by buster
lol.gif

Looks great! No wear at all !

Heck... With these amazing results one could go 20k miles without thinking
lol.gif

Originally Posted by ZiTS
MODS - PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD

We're just ribbing ya...‚.. it's all good brother.

Instead of deleting just upload the UOA.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by ZiTS
MODS - PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD

We're just ribbing ya...‚.. it's all good brother.

Instead of deleting just upload the UOA.

Exactly right ^^^^^^^

We are just messing with ya... I do that all the time..

Case in point...

I was playing real volleyball.. Real meaning on serve receive you pass the ball to a person setting the ball for people to hit... And yeah I mean hit really really hard... I was knocked out myself a couple of times by getting hit in the head with a volleyball. And yeah I got to where I hit the ball darn hard too... I hit one lady right on top of her head and it went off her head and 40 feet into the roof above her and 60 feet behind her out of play... It was awesome
lol.gif

Thankfully it hit her on top of her head so it didn't hurt her a bit... Though I did hit other guys and ladies in the face with the ball... Not on purpose... But it happens..

So, anyhow... Yeah I was playing real volleyball at a gym in Newport News at Richneck elementary school... And I watched as the person on the other side of the net back set a ball across the court to a Asian guy named Ming who hit the ball really quite good... Well... My world champion team mates all went to the other side of the court to block Ming's teammate... Leaving Ming all by himself with no one there to block him as he was hitting the volleyball... And Ming somehow blasted the ball right into the net on his side of the court... Everyone was laughing and I was really, really surprised myself... Then I started singing a song by Celine Dion "All by myself... " Don't want to be all by myself anymore" ... And everybody busted up laughing at me... Because I have quite a deep voice... Think Josh Turner.. So that made it even funnier... And I was like... "Hey that was the first thing that came to my mind"...

And the same thing here... everybody just having fun.. nothing more than that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
So where's the UOA?
lol.gif

Maybe this is a new thing... summarizing?🤔

A Star Trek procedure?

Dudes, I've been around long enough to know it's all in fun. I was just trying to get rid of this thread and start a new one. Apparently, when I uploaded the file the first time, it didn't take on the public end, even though it looked like it did from my side of things.

[Linked Image]

Should be all GTG now.

Z-

So...
Does PUP now use a tiny amount of titanium, or do you have some titanium internal bits that are shedding material now, or is BS just off in left field?
Same question re: potassium.

Viscosity dropped too low for your tune and mods, especially. I'd use Shell Rotella T6 Multi-Vehicle 5W-30 to counteract the fuel dilution and maintain wear protection better. It also has strong dispersant for DI turbo carbon soot. Walmart can get that for pickup at the store from their website.

Mods I've done along with the tune include K&N panel filter in stock airbox, 170* thermostat, heat range colder spark plugs, MSD ignition coil packs, and 3-BAR MAP sensor, along with a catted down-pipe and catback exhaust system. All of these were done during probably the last 1,000 miles or so of the oil life, and they're pretty much the most common mods in the SHO world.

Interesting comment about the viscosity and changing oils. I may look into that. Thanks

It would be interesting to see what an Amsoil/Polaris UOA would say about your fuel dilution. If still around 1-2%, you're one of the lucky EB owners; they use GC to measure, not "estimate" based on flash, or however BS "measures." I had low visc with Pennzoil too.. 8.2 at 6k, a bit higher (8.4) at 1k into next fill. And a tad of Ti, and a tad of Potassium. Tad = 1 ppm. It appears to me, Pennzoil Plat & Ultra VOA's show they start out with less visc than they claim, and then shear down after that...or maybe it's fuel dilution not true "shear," dunno. I will look for a Rotella UOA in an EB, but the advice to try Rotella Multi-vehicle, or Gas Truck is worth investigating. You don't think your SHO would be offended by using something called Gas Truck, do you? Somewhere in BITOG there is a chart showing Pennzoil, Rotella, QSUD virgin spec comparison.

Definitely considering the Rotella, but curious to think what everybody's thoughts are on using Mobil 1 Extended Performance? I'm still not going to go past 4,000 mile OCI's. The Mobil 1 EP seems like it is also a very stout oil that would hold up well in my application.

Z-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back