Pennzoil synthetic blend for AutoRX rinse phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accidentally purchased Pennzoil SUV-truck-minivan formula (in 10W-30) for my upcoming AutoRX rinse phase. This oil says it includes "synthetic additives" in small print, hardly noticeable in the store, but I see on the website it's called a "synthetic blend." Is this just as suited for AutoRX rinsing as plain old dino oil, or ideally should I buy something that is not syn at all?

TIA

Supposed to be the same as Syntec Blend, might contain esters. You need a known dino oil for rinse. Pick up something else, imo. Havoline or Motorcraft 5w-30. GTX or reg Pennzoil is ok too. Any 15w-40 is fine too.

Supposed to be the same as Syntec Blend, might contain esters. You need a known dino oil for rinse. Pick up something else, imo. Havoline or Motorcraft 5w-30. GTX or reg Pennzoil is ok too. Any 15w-40 is fine too.

Cool, thanks for the feedback guys. I'll probably go buy some regular dino and give this semi-syn stuff to someone else.

Why not save the blend to install after rinsing with a true dino. Unless your application is for stopping or reducing a seal leak, the blend would be fine.

quote:

Originally posted by Rick20:
Why not save the blend to install after rinsing with a true dino. Unless your application is for stopping or reducing a seal leak, the blend would be fine.

I think it would be fine regardless of whether he was trying to stop a leak or not, as long as he ran dino for at least 3000 miles after the final full rinse application. At least that's how I read the directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back