Pennzoil rebate question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought two 5 quart containers of PP 5W-20 for $14 each from AMZN on 02/10/19, submitted rebates online the same day. Received my $20 check on 02/22/19, in 12 days. Could not be easier.

Originally Posted by aba4430
Bought two 5 quart containers of PP 5W-20 for $14 each from AMZN on 02/10/19, submitted rebates online the same day. Received my $20 check on 02/22/19, in 12 days. Could not be easier.

Yes you could all rebates should be payable from the retailer on the sale you shouldn't have to wait period.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

Yes you could all rebates should be payable from the retailer on the sale you shouldn't have to wait period.

There is a limit on rebates. Point of sale low prices would eliminate those limits.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

There is a limit on rebates. Point of sale low prices would eliminate those limits.

No not with todays computer tracking it wouldn't. 20 years ago you'd have been right.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
At least they get people to talk about their oil, which we are doing right now! It worked!

It sure did. I'm currently using some Pennzoil Platinum because of the after-rebate price.

Some other synth costs less on sale than Pennzoil without rebate, so if no rebate, maybe I'd be using that other brand and my money would be going to them instead of Pennzoil. So even if Pennzoil breaks even or so on the sale, it's still a win for them.

I also wouldn't be considering that maybe I should upgrade to Pennzoil Ultra next time, wouldn't be thinking, "Hmm, my car runs well on this Pennzoil, maybe I'll buy more Pennzoil even without a rebate," wouldn't be word-of-mouth telling other people I like Pennzoil, and I wouldn't be saying nice things about Pennzoil right now on an international internet forum where people every day ask what brand of oil should they buy.

Originally Posted by DejaVue
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
At least they get people to talk about their oil, which we are doing right now! It worked!

It sure did. I'm currently using some Pennzoil Platinum because of the after-rebate price.

Some other synth costs less on sale than Pennzoil without rebate, so if no rebate, maybe I'd be using that other brand and my money would be going to them instead of Pennzoil. So even if Pennzoil breaks even or so on the sale, it's still a win for them.

I also wouldn't be considering that maybe I should upgrade to Pennzoil Ultra next time, wouldn't be thinking, "Hmm, my car runs well on this Pennzoil, maybe I'll buy more Pennzoil even without a rebate," wouldn't be word-of-mouth telling other people I like Pennzoil, and I wouldn't be saying nice things about Pennzoil right now on an international internet forum where people every day ask what brand of oil should they buy.

My Corolla runs good on Pennzoil too. But guess what it also runs well on Castrol, QSUD and Mobil 1 etc. I've never found a full synthetic oil it didn't like. So its what on sale the cheapest and rebates are good. If they pay them more than one out of three times as Pennzoil has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back