Pennzoil Gone from Australia !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not THAT big of a deal - Shell's Helix brand is well-established in European and Asian markets - it doesn'r make sense to 'crowd' the market with products that aren't as well recognized. JMO

I've been a fan of the 20w50 SL Street Machine/GT Performance line, its sad to see it go.

Its on clearance sale so I got a 5L bottle of PP Euro 5w40 SL and the last 20w50 GT.

Originally Posted By: IPCOlsenVZ
and the last 20w50 GT.

Is that the same oil we have over here in the 25W50 weight?

Last edited:
It might be, I do remeber reading something on their website before it closed that the GT replaced street machine and some 25w50 product.

GT specs are:
40C - 160
100C - 19
TBN - 8
PP - -24C
SL/CF A2,B2 (old ACEA specs)

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: IPCOlsenVZ
and the last 20w50 GT.

Is that the same oil we have over here in the 25W50 weight?

No it's not. The oil in Australia would be the same as the GT Performance 20W-50 here, not the 25W-50 racing oil.

No, it does not. Would not be a very smart move on their part to do away with the number one selling brand in North America, especially what they paid for it. Both Pennzoil and Quaker State are here for the duration.

What about OilPro? Pennzoil was a big bulk supplier to workshops here in NZ,and when Shell took over they hiked the prices way up.So the workshops stopped buying Pennzoil and went to other suppliers.In my workshop I went to Fuchs.So then Pennzoil started the OilPro brand and went back to the old prices...it was usually Longlife 15/40.So I went back to Pennzoil because their pump over service was by far the best....and they fitted some new bulk tanks for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back