Peak Universal Anti-Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peak now has a "universal" anti-freeze that claims compatability with every type of fluid additive package (DexCool, conjugated organic acid packages and traditional high pH additive packages) (both import and domestic). Seems too good to be true!

quote:

Originally posted by Stooge:
Peak now has a "universal" anti-freeze that claims compatability with every type of fluid additive package (DexCool, conjugated organic acid packages and traditional high pH additive packages) (both import and domestic). Seems too good to be true!

Skeptic! As soon as they have ten years experiance with it and show good reliable performance. I'm going to give it a try. No skeptic here
lol.gif

It looks like a solution in search of a problem. Why risk long term cooling system problems to help a parts store cut down on the number of coolants they stock.

I believe that if a person wants to take good care of their cooling system, any car can be flushed and switched to good old green EG on a two years change interval. I will continue to use factory approved long life technicolor stuff and monitor it's condition for a 3 or 4 year change interval.

Wish I had known about the universal stuff !

I had an unfortunate event with a daughter
phone.gif
driving the coolant right out of a VW New Beetle, parked, uncorked after awaiting a new thermostat to come in. She "thought" I was done..........Drove 16 -20 stop and go miles with
idling on the "square" and mall,NO COOLANT AT ALL.
Wondered what steam and smell was....
banghead.gif

Only 6000 mile M1/LC and air flow to provide cooling. NOT GOOD. New VW re-maned engine with
After recovering the car.......and calming the violent urge to choke any teenager close.....
twak.gif
...........I flushed with water and glycol added 1.5 ounces of LC to the Walmart coolant and its running like a champ. Oil analysis to follow . Will change the oil only if analysis indicates to do so.

Will be interesting to see if LC provides any misciblity to the residual G12 coolant that AUDI/VW uses and the cheapo Walmart tech 2000 coolant.

Oh the engine had been changed a while back by VW and the blown engine residual goop had blocked the heater core substantially. Adding the LC had a benefit of unblocking and cleaning the core enough that the heater works great again.

Sorry to hijack the thread but this has been weighing heavily on me since Saturday night.

Terry

Kestas, agreed.......

19 year old owns the 1999 VW gas 2.0L bug.

Has 82000 miles on car, engine is only thing new.

Previous owners female college student daughter ripped hole in oil pan and tired of adding oil thus the new remanufactored engine installed for me by the previous owner and father of girls !!!!!!!

20 year old didn't want to drive her non- radioed 84' BMW 318i. So she borrowed sisters !

They both have to procure their own cars.

11 year old is saving now...

So how does the 19 yr old feel about the 20yr old driving her car without coolant!?
shocked.gif
I would have killed my sister if she did that!
crushedcar.gif

Wonder how that analysis will look? Should be interesting.

Sounds like an infommercial for using M1, and LC to protect if coolant is absent. Didn't prolong use that commercial at one time.

Sounds like you lucked out with no major damage other then your blood pressure. The LC in the coolant though, any particular reason that you decided to try that? That usage does not seem to be indicated anywhere? Do you recommend it to others for specific coolant issues?

The 2 older girls had a very "interesting exchange"
twak.gif
. CAT fight come to mind.

Odis has used LC in coolant to lube the hot spots as the chemistry seems to seek heat and keep scale and seals clean. No I haven't recommended the procedure nor had I tried until Saturday.

I know the LC is a good miscibility agent so since I was mixing two different coolants I decided to try the Odis Beaver technique. Seems to be working well. The cleaned heater core was a definite positive ! Very little is needed. 1 to 1.5 oz.s

Sorry for sounding like a infomercial!

To answer the original question, my mechanic uses this stuff in every car he works on. He has been using it for a while now, and no problems with dis-satisfied customers yet.

He put it in my Ford about 10k miles ago. No problems yet (except for the bill - Flush is $44.95 plus the fluid. My truck uses 19 quarts)

Spector, Seems to mix but at 1.5 oz.s its hard to tell. I can see residuals of the G12 coolant in the glycol and water. I'm theorizing LC is a low cost way to get some miscibility help.

I may analyze the coolant later on to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back