Peak 1.5A trickle charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have something similar just a different brand. If it has a float mode its an excellent little charge. Just remember its a trickle charger. If you hook it up to a dead battery you have to walk away for hours. With a float funtion you are safe if you forget about it overnight or for a week, I've done both multiple times. For the money I would keep it.

There is no mention of a float mode or turning off automatically in the instruction manual or on the packaging. However, there is also no mention of any danger in leaving the charger on the battery for long periods of time, and there is an LED that lights up when the battery is supposedly fully charged.

Edit: it also says it's a manual charger... maybe not what I had in mind then?

Last edited:
Mine is like this one 1.5 trickle charger. It has 3 leds, orange is charging, green in fully charged and red indicates the battery is bad. Once the battery is fully charged it shuts down and just monitors the charge. This kind can be left hooked up for weeks without an issue.

Originally Posted By: NovaMan
There is no mention of a float mode or turning off automatically in the instruction manual or on the packaging. However, there is also no mention of any danger in leaving the charger on the battery for long periods of time, and there is an LED that lights up when the battery is supposedly fully charged.

Edit: it also says it's a manual charger... maybe not what I had in mind then?

It certainly doesn't sound like a "smart charger" that you can leave plugged in continuously. The word "manual" usually implies that it is NOT automatic.

I think some battery maintainers just turn on/off (trickle) to keep the battery charged while others "read" the battery condition and continuously "float" a charge, so says the marketing gurus of battery chargers.

Unless you are an expert about battery charging, it is tough to believe all the marketing hype put out by some of the companies. But, here is a "probably biased" review that attempts to compare the "good" charger/maintainers vs. the lesser ones. It's educational, if nothing else.

http://www.batteryminders.com/batterycha...is-the-best.pdf

Explore the batteryminder site for more propaganda and then decide for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back