Patman..Bosch p/n for longer '01LS1 filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patman,
I just bought a bosch premium oil filter for my SS Camaro LS1. I always run the longer filter, usually K&N. Part number was 3423 for an '01 truck. Do you know if this the correct longer filter?

Thanks

I wish I knew the part number, but I really don't. We don't have the Bosch filters up here. Does the Bosch book show a cross reference chart? You need a filter that cross references to the AC PF58 or PF59 (the 59 has the antidrainback valve, but is otherwise identical to the 58)

So after reading the anti-drainback valve thread, does an LS1 need the valve or not? I still have my Bosch 3423 in the box, supposidly it's equivilant to the PF59 which has the valve?, **** ! This is not easy!

patman, you are everywhere, lmao!!! i was doing a search on oil filters and i laughed my a$$ of when i saw a post with your name on a sight i never even heard of until now!
ok so where can i find the purolator pure one filter for sale in either canada or michigan?
cheers.gif

Yep, I'm everywhere Taner!
grin.gif

Like I said in the other post, go for the K&N filters instead. Canadian Tire is carrying it now, and every month or so they have them on sale for about $14 each.

quote:

Originally posted by digitaldrifter91:
is bosch better than k & n?? or are they the same

The K&N is built a lot stronger than the Bosch, and will flow more oil, however the Bosch filters out about the same amount of dirt as the K&N, both are around 18-20 micron filters.

quote:

Originally posted by jjbula:
Patman-- Champion says the Bosch is nominally a 15 micron filter.

What do they say the nominal rating is on the K&N? I really wish oil filter makers would publish better filtration specs.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Originally posted by jjbula:
Patman-- Champion says the Bosch is nominally a 15 micron filter.

What do they say the nominal rating is on the K&N? I really wish oil filter makers would publish better filtration specs.

hahah the companies would probably go out of business especially fram, but i agree wiht you...companines should work on putting in detail their oil filters...

Patman.what do you mean "the PF59 has the anti drain abck valve" ?? Both, the PF58 and the PF59 have the diaphragm nitrile ruber valve on the inlet side to prevent dirty oil to drain back into the oil pump..........is there another valve?? What is the effect of this difference? Can you exchange the 59 for the 58 and vice versa?

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I wish I knew the part number, but I really don't. We don't have the Bosch filters up here. Does the Bosch book show a cross reference chart? You need a filter that cross references to the AC PF58 or PF59 (the 59 has the antidrainback valve, but is otherwise identical to the 58)

Alex, see the info I posted in your other thread. I always assumed the PF58 did not have an antidrainback valve, but I was misled.

Cool name by the way, my one year old son is named Alex.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back