Part With Prius C for Newer Ford Fiesta?

IMO there is a lot more going on with the Fiesta than meets the eye. The $9500 repair estimate tells the story. That is a substantial amount of damage. Since I don't see popped airbags, I suspect that there is unibody structural damage (bent frame) that can't be seen in the pictures. That is likely why it sold for only $1500 at auction. You can be sure that this flipper didn't fix that problem. He likely just replaced the obviously damaged parts for roughly $2k (a strictly cosmetic repair) and is trying to double his money.

A well maintained Toyota is a real tough car. I know an elderly lady who owns two Toyotas, a 90s Tercel and a 2005 Corolla.
I told her I'd buy either one of them if she ever wanted to sell one of them. But I found my own well maintained Toyota.
I know what I have in my car, so I shouldn't take chances on a different car. My car is mechanically perfect.
I will leave well enough alone.

View attachment 105798
These are your words !
follow your own advice !
Glad to see you came to your sense's god only knows the nightmare that may lay ahead for the buyer of that car....

A well maintained Toyota is a real tough car. I know an elderly lady who owns two Toyotas, a 90s Tercel and a 2005 Corolla.
I told her I'd buy either one of them if she ever wanted to sell one of them. But I found my own well maintained Toyota.
I know what I have in my car, so I shouldn't take chances on a different car. My car is mechanically perfect.
I will leave well enough alone.

View attachment 105798
You made the right call to keep your Prius. If it ain't broke don't "fix" it.

2 owner ,salvage title Ford Fiesta? You should give the seller an extra $5,000.00 so you won't down the road feel like you stole it.

IMO there is a lot more going on with the Fiesta than meets the eye. The $9500 repair estimate tells the story. That is a substantial amount of damage. Since I don't see popped airbags, I suspect that there is unibody structural damage (bent frame) that can't be seen in the pictures. That is likely why it sold for only $1500 at auction. You can be sure that this flipper didn't fix that problem. He likely just replaced the obviously damaged parts for roughly $2k (a strictly cosmetic repair) and is trying to double his money.

Very good points. I did notice the $9500 repair estimate last night and that should have raised red flags right then and there.

I'm glad I posted about it here and didn't buy this Fiesta.

I'm so glad I posted here today.
Now I get the feeling that seller is really trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes, and I'm glad it won't be me.
Whoever labeled the car totaled wasn't day dreaming.
The car flipper is trying to make some fast cash at the expense of an unsuspecting buyer.

Glad to see you came to your sense's god only knows the nightmare that may lay ahead for the buyer of that car....

Such as a car with a bent frame that causes tires to wear out at 5000 miles.

This is one of the worst ideas I've heard in a while. Salvage title cars are almost never worth it.

I said almost never. An older vehicle with minor damage is one thing...a newer car had to suffer heavy damage to be totaled.
The only salvage title vehicle that I would ever consider purchasing is one that has been totaled by hail damage (if it didn't bother me to be seen driving around in a badly hail damaged vehicle). These are usually pretty good buys for basic transportation, and the hail damage is not going to render the vehicle unsafe or unreliable. We see a LOT of them in Texas. Flippers aren't usually going to mess around with them. Over time, in the hot Texas sun, many of the hail dents will come out on their own.

Last edited:
The only salvage title vehicle that I would ever consider purchasing is one that has been totaled by hail damage (if it didn't bother me to be seen driving around in a badly hail damaged vehicle). These are usually pretty good buys for basic transportation. We see a LOT of them in Texas. Flippers aren't usually going to mess around with them. Over time, in the hot Texas sun, many of the hail dents will come out on their own.

A hail car wouldn't be bad, discount needs to be there though. I see a lot going for what a clean retail would sell for.

Back