Parking ticket - contesting it because of incorrect date on citation

You admit your vehicle has a problem. Why don't you just pay the fine and move on? It's not the end of the world.

At this point I'm not sure what I could do since the citation has already been dismissed. I'm just waiting until my next paycheck to take care of the registration, which I know is going to have its own penalties and fines.

I gave it shot, it worked, and I move on with my life. And yeah I get that it rubs some the wrong way.

At this point I'm not sure what I could do since the citation has already been dismissed. I'm just waiting until my next paycheck to take care of the registration, which I know is going to have its own penalties and fines.

I gave it shot, it worked, and I move on with my life. And yeah I get that it rubs some the wrong way.
Here is an idea-the registration expires at the same month every year-you know (about) how much it's going to be. How about setting a side 1/12th of the fee each month so in a year you have the dollars........

Here is an idea-the registration expires at the same month every year-you know (about) how much it's going to be. How about setting a side 1/12th of the fee each month so in a year you have the dollars........
The Dave Ramsey envelope system?

Sounds similar anyway. Might be interesting to know how parallel your method was or wasn't while not listening. :)

I actually own rental properties, as do others on here. At one point I had several different mortgages-at the same time. The rents covered the notes. Of course according to D.R.-I should have payed cash-which I couldn't have done because they escalated in price faster than I could saved-in hindsight. The income on these allowed me to retire early, because they were paid off years ago.

Ugh, my condolences. I have one rental and it is two too many. Actually D.R. is not against property mortgage, just borrowing for "stuff". You're in a potentially beautiful area at least. I love Texas but Houston isn't mistaken for beautiful.

I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing about (asking about) what potential exists for getting out of a ticket. I believe the OP would pay the ticket if there was no option to somehow get out of the ticket; I doubt he would shirk the repsonsibility if the ONLY option was to pay. He was inquiring about the possibility of options because of the inherrent mistake on the citation. Specifically, he wanted to know if the officer's error would be grounds for dismissal. The only way to know would have been to show up in court and point out that error, and see if the Judge would have granted the dismissal. In my 25 years of LEO experience being in court, it probably would not have mattered; as I stated previously.

As I read it now, the ticket is gone (for unknown reason), and he's going to get his vehicle registration updated. He probably won't delay the renewal the next time, as the "miracle" of the ticket disappearing is unlikly to befall him again, because if he did get a ticket for the same violation, it's unlikely that the same officer mistake would be on the ticket.

Lesson learned and penalty avoided; that's the one line summary the way I see it.

As I read it now, the ticket is gone (for unknown reason), and he's going to get his vehicle registration updated. He probably won't delay the renewal the next time, as the "miracle" of the ticket disappearing is unlikly to befall him again, because if he did get a ticket for the same violation, it's unlikely that the same officer mistake would be on the ticket.

Lesson learned and penalty avoided; that's the one line summary the way I see it.

Maybe I didn't learn it because I put it off and ended up getting another ticket. Had some cash flow issues and delayed it, but it's registered now (and the penalties were pretty steep). And this time the fix-it brought it down from $50 to $30. Got it in the parking lot of a BART (local transit) station, although the weird part was that the ticket was issued by the local sheriff that serves as bus transit police. I've seen them around, but I thought it was to shoo away people who park at station bus stops looking to pick up people.

But the huge pain was that the only "proof of correction" available was to have a sworn law enforcement officer sign off on it. And it was a pain. I tried contact my local police and their business office isn't answering the business phone or messages sent via their official website. I tried calling another nonemergency contact number, but that turned out to be a dispatcher who said that they can't really contact anyone over this. Then I tried going to their office and they seemed to be out to lunch, although I saw a couple of police vehicles there. I was about to give up and pay the full citation until I drove by a BART station and saw a police vehicle plus noticed they have a police substation there in a portable building. I went to the station agent and inquired about contacting an officer for a nonemergency issue. He said he could call for police and I should just wait. The officer finally showed up and said no problem if it would save me $20, although he said he'd never signed a fix-it ticket for a registration violation before. He kind of looked over it and asked me if I had the car (I drove another car but had the registration with me) and matched the VIN and license, and finally signed it. But that was a lot of work. I'm wondering why I couldn't just send a copy of the registration card and be done with it.

Back