PAO based ATFs

I was peeking at some of the "FULL SYN" ATFs and as mentioned here and beaten to death most of them are GIII syns.

Which ATFs are still PAO based syns?

I am just interested in building my stash.

Are all Amsoil trans fluids PAO based?

I see this one has Allison TES-389 listed, is this fluid PAO based? I have a bunch of these, how would this compare to transynd?

After calling around and checking on the prices,

1. Allison - stick with Castrol Transynd at about $40/gal
2. GM Dex VI - Any syn Dex VI (any on sale)
3. Ford Mercon LV - Stick motorcraft OEM Mercon LV ($6/qt from amazon)

It really comes down to what duty cycle and cooling does your vehicle have.
Dex VI (likely Grp III) is excellent for probably 98% of pass car and light truck applications.
If you think you have a duty cycle like Phoenix transit or NYC sanitation, then rock it with a PAO like TES-295.

I have mentioned this before but for the Canadians, mostly prairie folk, federated Co-op makes a 100% group 4 based multi vehicle atf at their Regina, saskatchewan refinery.

Its thicker at 7.8cst has a -63C pour point. The price has gone up locally to 9$ a litre before tax when getting 1L bottles.

I have run it in power steering systems, 545RFE, transfer cases (including auto trak 2) and now in my Polaris Magnum transmission and hubs. Never an issue.

It "meets" the Mopar asrc fluid and i was going to run that in my AS69RC but since its easy on fluid, the cheaper maxlife will do just fine.

Back