Painting My Ford Emblems

My grill and tailgate emblems are toast. All of the blue paint has faded away.
So, being l have a lot of time on my hands each day, l'm going to take them apart and repaint them. I have a can of the dark Ford blue, and a can of clear. I don't have the chrome paint. Can it be bought at WM, online, or local auto parts stores? Has anyone done this kind of project before? How did it turn out? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The Ford dealership my son works at, said he can get the replacement emblems for $89 + tax. And, parts dude said they will probably fade. So, I ordered (2) from EBAY for $30. I'm going to paint them with a UV RESISTANT clear coat.
Earlier today I removed the tailgate emblem. The sticker adhesive Ford used was made by 3M. Man, what a PITA to remove about 98% of it was! I ran out of GOOF OFF. But, I have to go to WM this Friday. Should I get more GOOF OFF, or some Acetone, to remove the rest of the ADHESIVE FROM HADES? I'm not worried if it does anything to the paint because I will be sanding it a little bit with some 1500 sandpaper before installing the emblem. I talked to the chief body man in the body shop where my son works. He said when he replaces the tailgate emblem he scuffs up the paint before installing it. I forgot to ask him if I should use GOOF OFF or Acetone.
EMBLEM1.jpeg

I think Ford corrected the issue on those Ford emblems. IIRC the issues plagued MY2006-2008.

The emblem on our 2017 Traansit at work faded to silver as well as a few of the guys pickups (2011-2018s.) Cheap garbage from Ford imho...
Yep, you got that right!
My son was going to use his employee discount at the Ford dealership he works at, to buy (2) for me. Parts dude told him to tell me not to waste my money on them ($89) because they will fade. So, I bought one from Amazon and one from EBAY. I think they were $15 each. I clear coated the one on the tailgate (6 coats) with UV Resistant clear coat. I will do the other one when it arrives (front grill).
FORD.jpeg

I just applied the 6th light coat of UV Resistant clear coat onto my Ford grill emblem about an hour ago. I am going to install it in about 3 hours. That should give it enough time to dry thoroughly.

FORD2.jpeg

Back