Oxygen sensor failures, gas station related? White ash on sensor?

Is Mobil not top tier?
I'm sure it is supposed to be.

But those of us who have run high boost turbocharged engines on pump gas know that some stations provide better results than others. The number of knock events varies wildly between brands and stations. Chevron nearly always came out on top, with few knock events. Mobil at the bottom. Sunoco was generally pretty good too.

I thought ash was normal?
PXL_20200919_191707391.jpg

PXL_20220322_231715195.MP.jpg

Factory Denso sensors out of two different higher milage Toyotas

I've heard of water leaking into gas tanks, just never heard of someone intentionally placing it in there..

My aunt was a district manager at Cumberland Farms. She did audits for the most part, all day long. She said there is an admissible amount of water they can have in the tanks without causing any issues, and that every tank had an amount of water in it... I did not have the chance to ask her what would be done if the amount of water was too high.. My bet? Nothing..
I remember when I worked at a local Canadian tire gas bar as a second job years ago, they did regular moisture tests but the managers did it so I never saw the results. I remember wondering if all stations were that careful. I do believe they took the moisture content seriously though.

Gas station employees have been intentionally putting 87 octane in high octane tanks and water in all tanks forever. With record high gas prices, theres probably extra water and less additives added.

IIRC, @GoldDot40, if the state finds out then there's some pretty expensive penalties involves.

Back