Outside Car Covers

Anyone who bought a car cover of high quality that would last for several years? On mine, the surface of the cover started to peel in just 6 months under Texas sun. I bought it for $47 & it's lifetime warranty, but I doubt they will honor that. I googled "car covers" & there are tons of car cover companies, again, claiming with lifetime warranty. It's for my 2018 Jaguar
For several years now, I see this Porsche parked in a driveway with a car cover made of cloth, I believe. It looks of high quality. I want to knock on the door to ask the owner what company or brand it is. The only thing that holds me back, is, what if that cover got stolen, & they would assume it is me who did it. NOOOOOO :ROFLMAO:

I've had good luck with covers made with NOAH material. Used 75% of the time, they lasted about 3 years each. It's not waterproof but offers good protection from UV. It's heavy and bulky though. It's a multilayer fabric. There are some covers that are single layer, but the material is not as soft. Neither are good for the finish of your car, but you have to weigh that vs the UV damage from sun depending on where it's parked.

Nothing can replace a covered garage.

I have owned several Covercraft Weathershield covers. My primary use was to keep the blazing SouCal sun off the car while it was parked in the company parking lot all day. My cars were always garaged at night. They are not cheap but did a good job and I was still getting compliments on my cars on how new they looked when they were several years old.

That particular cover has a 4 year warranty. I had several come apart at the seams after 3 years, the thread just rotted out. That could be resolved with a better type of thread at a nominal cost. But Covercraft sent me a new cover each time. I suppose that I could have found an upholstery shop to restitch the seams too.

I suggest going to their website and reading up on each type of cover they offer. All have different applications depending upon what you want out of the cover. Be prepared to spend over $300 for a custom fit cover. I didn't think that was bad considering that I got an average of 6 years out of them with 5 days a week use.

I bought a car umbrella. It doesnt cover the whole car but it keeps the sun off the cabin area, which protects the seals and interior trims. Plus it allows air to go over the car so it keeps it cooler than a full cover.

1630474627227.png

I fumbled about with car covers for years but find them troublesome when its time to remove and store, as well the car needs to be clean if you are putting them on.

I'm very happy with my Noah cover also. The material is thick yet still breathable.

We bought a "Big Sky" car cover for Mom.
We bought the middle of the 5 fabric levels offered. I'd recommend it.

I like the idea of a umbrella except I'd fear the thing blowing off.

Anyone who bought a car cover of high quality that would last for several years? On mine, the surface of the cover started to peel in just 6 months under Texas sun. I bought it for $47 & it's lifetime warranty,
Lifetime warranty is for the life of the fabric, not the top. If the fabric only lasts 6 months, that's all the warranty you get. And you're not getting a quality cover for $47. I think I paid $100 over 35 years ago for good one.

I purchased a Kayme brand 4 or 6 layer car cover several years back. So far so good, although I don't see it lasting like the oem covers. It was $64 on Amazon. The Colorado sun and altitude tend to shorten the life expectancy

Back