Original belts 2006 Toyota Camry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently purchased a 2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 with 24K original miles. Driven by my elderly aunt a little less than 2K per year.
I have all the receipts for work that was done. Only yearly oil changes. No other maintenance or repairs.

The question I have is this. The serpentine accessory belt has the name Dayco on it. Would this have been original equipment from Toyota? This has the 3.0L engine and I believe the car was manufactured in the US.

No, I don't believe it is. IIRC Mitsuboshi or Bando would be original. Even if Dayco or Gates made the original it would be branded Toyota.

Originally Posted by Trav
No, I don't believe it is. IIRC Mitsuboshi or Bando would be original. Even if Dayco or Gates made the original it would be branded Toyota.

Thank you Trav,

I suspect more maintenance has been done beyond oil changes. My aunt wouldn't be of help. My cousin is not a car guy. Need to do a bit more hunting.

YES!
My wife's new(at that time)2001 LEXUS RX with the same 3.0L V6(1MZFE) came with DAYCO accessory belts OEM.
They were still on the engine in 2015 when we sold it to my SIL. She had them replaced since then.

Last edited:
Toyota has used Dayco as OEM - the dealer belt will be Mitsuboshi or Bando. I've also seen Goodyear as OEM.

You should be able to roughly gauge age and whether they need replaced by just looking at them, the wear on the pulley side and cracks where bending. If in doubt (or going on a long trip) go ahead and replace it, serpentine belts are not expensive.

That could be but I assume it also has Toyota branding and part# also on the belt.

1FZ-SC-belt2__99318.1503027467.png.jpg

Seriously as cheap as one of those are I'd replace it. Has nothing to do with low miles it has to do with age and being in a hot engine compartment.

Changed the belt on our dad's 2006 Tundra in 2015. Picked up a belt from the Toyota dealer and it said Dayco on it.

Originally Posted by MajorCavalry
Recently purchased a 2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 with 24K original miles. Driven by my elderly aunt a little less than 2K per year.

Dang. I was hoping my new-to-me 39K 2010 would be the low-mileage V6 Camry leader here on BITOG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back