Original 1982 RV TH400 - Dexron 3 or Dexron 6???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing information. Maybe I'll get the lockup working again after all. I replaced the solenoid around 150k or something when it wouldn't lock up at all...

The other 2004R started locking up as soon as it hit second gear. I replaced that one a about 5 years ago at like 220k.

I've been thinking about using maxlife in my next fluid change (I guess when I try replacing the lock up solenoid in the 2004R). People seem to be a fan of it in older transmissions.

I'll need to also change the fluid and filter in the 4L60E when I swap it and the 5.3 into my Caprice in place of the 305. Hopefully the fluid will go on sale at some point.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by caprice_2nv
I've been thinking about using maxlife in my next fluid change (I guess when I try replacing the lock up solenoid in the 2004R). People seem to be a fan of it in older transmissions.

I'll need to also change the fluid and filter in the 4L60E when I swap it and the 5.3 into my Caprice in place of the 305. Hopefully the fluid will go on sale at some point.

For me Maxlife has performed very well in a variety of transmissions. If Valvoline recommends Maxlife I have no reservations using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back