O'REILLY SYNTHETIC OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine said the sales guy at O'Reilly Auto Parts told him that their brand of synthetic oil is made by Mobil and is the exact same formula as Mobil 1. Does anyone know if this is true?

Doubtful to incorrect. I used the oil several years ago, and it was made/blended by Omni Specialty in Louisiana. Believe it actually stated that on the back. Omni states that they use base stocks from Exxon and several other suppliers. I would seriously doubt Mobil would allow their proprietary formula to be duplicated exactly.

Haven't used it for a long time, and it is possible that vendor changed, but doubtful. Omni and O'Reilly have had a business relationship for a very long time. That said, I have used Omni products successfully for a long time, mostly ATF.

Omni Specialty Packaging, LLC

Scroll down to the bottom left hand side of the page, and click on MSDS, and then search using the O'Reilly part number.

https://fco.firstcallonline.com/FirstCallOnline/public.html;jsessionid=D5DCA20E5BED25FD9DF41B9552774B70-n1.fco-app4#&panel1-1

Highly doubt its M1. Come to think of it,I think they were only GF4 rated while GF5 was already out. It might be their synthetic but for around the same cost a brand name like Quaker State Synthetic or even maybe Supertech could be had.

Methinks there was likely some sort of incentive to be had for selling the O''Reilly syn oil.
In all likelyhood, a good quality oil, but not M1.

With the current rebates, you can get M1 for $12-$14 for a 5Q jug. I doubt that Reilly is much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back