OReilly Suspension Parts

I brought 2 tire rod ends from OReilly (MasterPro ES800286), and 2 sway bar links for the front end (Precision Chassis K750155). The tire rod ends look 1:1 to the Quick Steer’s on rockauto, even having the exact same part number. The sway bar links look exactly like the Mevotech Supremes (MS50832). The car drives like brand new now. Any theories here on who OReilly gets their parts from. Also, how about those Duralast suspension parts? The duralast golds look very close to Delphi/Dorman suspension parts depending on what they are.

I do like the TTX line from Mevotech, ball-joints, tie-rods, control arms. Time will of course tell.

If you can plan ahead enough to be particular about the parts, then why pay the premium for OReilly's instead of Rock Auto, or even OEM through Rock Auto or some other source?

Just sayin', it's not as though you are getting higher quality parts from OReilly's than most other sources, so more a matter of whether you need it quick, or don't.

Part numbers aren't trademarks/ copyrights/ intellectual property. Just because something cross references doesn't mean it's the same manufacturer. Look at a generic brake rotor box, it'll have about four different part numbers.

I brought 2 tire rod ends from OReilly (MasterPro ES800286), and 2 sway bar links for the front end (Precision Chassis K750155). The tire rod ends look 1:1 to the Quick Steer’s on rockauto, even having the exact same part number. The sway bar links look exactly like the Mevotech Supremes (MS50832). The car drives like brand new now. Any theories here on who OReilly gets their parts from. Also, how about those Duralast suspension parts? The duralast golds look very close to Delphi/Dorman suspension parts depending on what they are.
I would say you likely already figured out what they are.

You can buy a OReilly/ AAP / Duralast / Dorman boxed product and it can be identical manufacture as the OEM, or it can be some Chinese knock off. Thats really the problem, you never really know. I will say the older the vehicle is, the more likely your getting the chinese part, simply because the OEM manufacturer stops making that part eventually.

I put some Mevotech Supreme sway bar links on a vehicle a few years ago, and they didn't last long. But, others seem to like their parts. I wonder if maybe they source parts for different applications from different mfrs.

Mevotech has great marketing but unfortunately their part’s don’t follow the same trail.. Good luck on your parts OP

They have multiple suppliers, based on where the stores are located. The company I used to work for supplied a few of their DCs, as well as a few Autozone DCs. Parts were basic bottom of the barrel china stuff....we had about 10 different factories making parts for us. Lower volume stuff was OE or european in some cases, but 95% was pretty bad, at best. The company has been since been sold and the product line dropped, so no idea who they're using now, but I would bet Mevotech and Dorman and in there, and a few other guys who've popped up in the last 5 years selling the same basic stuff from the same places.

Back