Ordering Ammunition Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody ordered rifle ammo online before? what are some reliable/quick shipping sites?

The reason I want to order online is that I am shooting a .300 H&H and it is a pain to find ammo in our stores around here, and the stuff you find is the Federal Ammunition...and to be honest, I haven't had the best luck getting them to group tight.

I eventually want to get an RCBS Reloading set and hand load everything, but right now that isn't quite realistic. As far as finding a load that works and everything before hunting season rolls around.

Thanks

I've just been reloading. I'm not ready to get a tinfoil hat, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dismayed by the current "lay of the land" when it comes to tracking ammo purchases.

Well keep in mind that you have to pay Hazmat fee's on Ammo I think so you may want to save up and buy a lot at one time because the fee is the same for one box or a case!

I reload so I buy case's and bullets online but buy my powder localy.

Originally Posted By: JohnBrowning
Well keep in mind that you have to pay Hazmat fee's on Ammo I think so you may want to save up and buy a lot at one time because the fee is the same for one box or a case!

Only on Primers or Powder.

Loaded ammo NO hazmat fee.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: JohnBrowning

Only on Primers or Powder.

Loaded ammo NO hazmat fee.

+1, I buy tens of thousands of rounds per year strictly online and have never heard of such a fee from already made ammo.

You can try MidwayUSA. They carry a wide variety of common as well as exotic ammunition. I have ordered from them in the past and they have first rate customer service. The have an extensive online catalog and sell most things related to shooting you can think of

www.midwayusa.com

You can also try Midsouth Shooters Supply. They are also a good outfit to deal with

www.midsouthshooterssupply.com

natchezss was great - delivered my case quick?

Oh, it's gone though...
45.gif

Midwayusa.com has the best selection of .300 H&H ammo. For best accuracy, try the Nosler Custom brand of ammo.

Originally Posted By: 416Rigby
Midwayusa.com has the best selection of .300 H&H ammo. For best accuracy, try the Nosler Custom brand of ammo.

Ordered up 2 boxes.

Thanks for all the replies!

I pretty much buy most all of my ammunition from ammunitiontogo. Well for FMJs pricewise it's hard to beat Wal-Mart, but 99% of my Personal Protection stuff comes from them. Screw paying almost a $1.00 a round, when I can get 50rd LEO boxes of the same ammo for the same cost!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back