Ordered test kit from Blackstone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

Just ordered a test kit from Blackstone Labs but I plan on changing my oil this Saturday. Their website indicates it might take up to 2 weeks for it to arrive. If I were to use some kind of sterile medical container and pour it into their container later, would that work?

-Thanks

Originally Posted By: Swift101
Hey everyone,

Just ordered a test kit from Blackstone Labs but I plan on changing my oil this Saturday. Their website indicates it might take up to 2 weeks for it to arrive. If I were to use some kind of sterile medical container and pour it into their container later, would that work?

-Thanks

Yes, that should work. Hope you are planning to get a TBN? (Polaris is cheaper for a UOA).

Yeah, I'm getting a TBN test done as well, hopefully it's good considering my short OCI of 5k miles.

FWIW, my oil drain container was FAR from a sterile medical container. It was the pan I had used (& emptied) for many motorcycle oil changes over the years. I never clean it out. When I got my Blackstone analysis back, they said my collection method didn't appear to cause any weird results. So your way should be more than adequate.

Originally Posted By: Swift101

-Thanks

It's refined CRUDE oil, just put it in anything that looks clean and won't melt, and cover it with plastic wrap or something. They need about 5 to 6 oz.

Order test kit but it won't likely arrive in time for oil change.

Assuming used oil is not too hot, can it be kept in drink water bottle for temporary storage? Water bottle is rinsed with distilled water, and dry.

Seems like a waste of time and money
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back