Orange dexcool to Gold antifreeze

Flushed out the cooling system on the 2015 Escape. Switched out the orange antifreeze to the gold stuff Ford used years ago because nobody in town had the new yellow coolant that Ford uses.

My question is,how important is it to switch to the yellow?! 🤷

Just make sure you flush the system. Real good. In my opinion any coolant (within reason) will work. Flushing the system every couple years is key.

Just make sure you flush the system. Real good. In my opinion any coolant (within reason) will work. Flushing the system every couple years is key.

Yeah I used Prestone antifreeze flush to flush the system and used distilled water for the refill until it was crystal clear after draining about 5 times 😂

Yeah I used Prestone antifreeze flush to flush the system and used distilled water for the refill until it was crystal clear after draining about 5 times 😂
Personally, that's what I use in my impala after changing HG and IM gaskets. Green cor gaurd. Works fantastic!

Last edited:
prestone is basically the same as the mc yellow

Yeah I'm going to flush out the Gold and put in the Prestone All Vehicle antifreeze. It says it's compatible with P-OAT motorcraft yellow so should be good to go.

a shop put gold in my 16 escape. It's been fine.

It came with orange and they no longer make orange, they should have put yellow in there but they put gold in.

Its fine, been there a couple years.

Yeah I'm thinking the big thing is,to get rid of the orange.

a shop put gold in my 16 escape. It's been fine.

It came with orange and they no longer make orange, they should have put yellow in there but they put gold in.

Its fine, been there a couple years.
It is so confusing for lots of people, especially shops. I have a couple that just can't grasp the concept so I kept some orange out of inventory to send to them so I don't have to hear about it.

Back