Opinions on 2017 Highlander deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are cross-shopping, I would humbly suggest the Durango get a look at well. It is available in R/T trim with the big V8 matched to the excellent ZF 8spd if one is inclined toward a bit more "go".

Originally Posted By: Edmond
Another vehicle we're considering is the Santa Fe. I've had good experience with both Toyota and Hyundai/Kia.

Yes, I would check one of those out. Buying one of those could save you thousands. I think a well equipped one goes for around 30k. I saw one today that I thought was a Highlander. Seems to be a much better deal on those. Plus the one I saw today had the Limited tag on the back. Plus they have a nice warranty on them.

If a Highlander is what you set your mind on I say go for it.

Here was the sticker MSRP on the 2013 Highlander Hybrid Limited I bought my wife 3 years ago:

2s6onbt.jpg

With that kind of coin for just a Toyota Camry with a 3rd row and a battery I easily could have bought her a vehicle with similar specs(sans the hybrid battery for some makes) and a luxury brand like Lexus/Acura/Infinity/Cadillac/Lincoln or even a Audi/BMW/MB/Volvo/Porsche etc etc but I chose not too. For some buyers it's all about the brand prestige and how that strokes their ego. Me I'm oblivious to that.

The wife loves her Highlander and for a body-on-frame SUV purist myself, I must admit I enjoy driving it. Believe me in my hands it has overtaken many luxury brand crossovers with a 3rd row thinking they are just too fast(luxurious) in the left lane to move over.

I bought a 2016 last month. LE-Plus with V6 (don't like leather in vehicles). List 38,xxx. Paid 30K. OTD was 31,789. I don't like the idea of testing the new transmission...I've already heard complaints. I don't think 25 more HP makes the car any better. At an increase of 2 mpg, even if gas were 5.00 per gallon, if you drove 15,000 miles per year, that's only 222.22 savings on fuel (25 mpg vs 27 mpg). Not worth it to me compared to the greater discount on a 2016.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
If you're shopping price and you don't know what the holdback money is, log onto www.truecar.com, enter all your car's equipment and see what bottom line price they come up with at a particular dealer near you. It's worth a shot. Worked well on my 2015 Outback.

When I bought my Edge two weeks ago Truecar was $2000 more than what I paid. Never could figure that out.
Also are you financing? I got zero % for 5 years. Once I negotiated the best out the door price I could I asked about the zero percent and to my surprise they said yes.
I sold my Explorer privately. Keep that out of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back