Open AC line after vacuum

Hello,
I put in an ac kit.. Everything went smooth but after vacuuming i had a situation were the line on the accumulator was open for less than few minutes unfortunately.

Would it really be necessary to revacuum the entire system? Id imagine it would be very small if any? A friend told me to run the heat for a while nice and hot and it could possibly boil off any bits of moisture that entered..

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Regular air won't liquify, and water vapor, while it would liquify under pressure, it would also freeze in the system and clog the orifice. That's why you vacuum to remove these. So, yes, it would be best to re-vacuum the system.

Would it really be necessary to revacuum the entire system? Id imagine it would be very small if any? A friend told me to run the heat for a while nice and hot and it could possibly boil off any bits of moisture that entered.
Uhh, no. You have a vacuum pump and all the necessary equipment and expertise to use it, but think the heater drives off moisture from a sealed system?

If you would disconnect a gauge hose off a schrader while system is in a vacuum still would need to be evacuated again to remove any non-condensables. That is why a micron gauge is so important.

Went and rented the stuff to do it right this time.

I can evacuate from just the blue /low side to make it simple right?

Thanks all for the great information

When you evacuate (vacuum) the system, typically you open both high and low side valves on the gauge set. This is the only time you would open the high side valve.

Hopefully, you are aware of the dangers of recharging an AC system?

Back