One Synthetic Oil for all OPE

Lots of choices here. 10w30 HDEO would solve all your year round needs with ease, if you want cheap. If you wanna go all out, then a good 5w40 syn HDEO would be a stellar performer. I like to stay with as much zinc as possible, which is around 1000-1300ppm in selected HDEO oils. Beyond that I don't get too concerned with the minor differences in oils. If you look at the technical info on most small engines, and you follow racing engine technology, they like zinc. I know there's other additives that are as good, ie titanium, boron and moly, and I do like the oils that have all of them in the mix, but again, it's not a big deal. Let's face it, most small engines will run on anything that isn't water. They fail from no or low oil, not what kind of oil.

Lots of choices here. 10w30 HDEO would solve all your year round needs with ease, if you want cheap. If you wanna go all out, then a good 5w40 syn HDEO would be a stellar performer. I like to stay with as much zinc as possible, which is around 1000-1300ppm in selected HDEO oils. Beyond that I don't get too concerned with the minor differences in oils. If you look at the technical info on most small engines, and you follow racing engine technology, they like zinc. I know there's other additives that are as good, ie titanium, boron and moly, and I do like the oils that have all of them in the mix, but again, it's not a big deal. Let's face it, most small engines will run on anything that isn't water. They fail from no or low oil, not what kind of oil.
Or lack of oil changes.

Pretty much everything I own (truck, mowers, pressure washer, snowblowers) takes synthetic 5w-30. The only exceptions are my wife’s Highlander (0w-20) and the leaf blower/string trimmer (2 stroke).

Back