Omega Speedmaster original Moon watch or IWC aquatimer chrono blue face

Moon watch is 3950.00 and IWC is 4400 with rubber strap ...IWC is blue face with steel band. It would not be my only watch ....I have 2 Rolex 2 Tudors an Omega Aqua Terra ...
Both are on Ebay now they have the "no fake" money back warranty
Which would you get? the IWC says its never been worn with all stickers still on watch...Omega says worn a few times has all links.

Is the Moon Watch automatic? If not, I would get the IWC. I have a new Omega 300m blue dial/bezel with the bracelet on the way from the Military Exchange. The price is $4129.00 and for signing up for the Military Star credit card I got another 15% off. I couldn't pass up this deal at $3509.65 for a new Omega Seamaster and AAFES is an authorized dealer so I get the 5 year warranty card and no tax. That's the best deal I've ever seen.

all thing being equal I'd pick the speedmaster.

Not all speedmasters, nor all Man on the moon versions are created equal in terms of appreciation and value holding.
Do the homework carefully on this detail. The original MOM unit was hand wound.

Our NEX (Navy Exchange, USN version of AAFES) used to carry good watches, Rolex, Breitling, Omega, but no more. I got my wife's Tag Heuer (not quite as nice as the ones you guys are discussing, but a nice watch) at the NEX a few years ago on a 15% off sale, with a scratch off coupon for 10%, and no tax. A Valentine's present. I really like it, would've bought it either way, but saving a few $$, especially the sales tax, is a nice bonus.

I have a Tudor Black Bay Bronze, Marathon GSAR and soon the Omega Seamaster 300m. That's getting close to 10K of watches. I need to stop. My daily beaters are a toss up between a Seiko Turtle and Citizen Ecodrive Titanium diver. I prefer the Ecodrive as it's quartz and keeps super accurate time as well as being lightweight.

Moon watch is 3950.00 and IWC is 4400 with rubber strap ...IWC is blue face with steel band. It would not be my only watch ....I have 2 Rolex 2 Tudors an Omega Aqua Terra ...
Both are on Ebay now they have the "no fake" money back warranty
Which would you get? the IWC says its never been worn with all stickers still on watch...Omega says worn a few times has all links.
I was reading last year the Speedmaster Moon watch is getting a new movt in 2021 to replace the old calibre 321 (Lemania 2310 based) movt, it is a great looking watch but so is the IWC, honestly the quality is stellar on both I would go with the one that pushes the buttons for you unless you are buying it based soley on the movt (which I have done myself occasionally).

Here's a picture of my collection. I'm wearing my Tudor now.

Attachments

• WATCHES.jpg
    WATCHES.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 18
Is the Moon Watch automatic? If not, I would get the IWC. I have a new Omega 300m blue dial/bezel with the bracelet on the way from the Military Exchange. The price is $4129.00 and for signing up for the Military Star credit card I got another 15% off. I couldn't pass up this deal at $3509.65 for a new Omega Seamaster and AAFES is an authorized dealer so I get the 5 year warranty card and no tax. That's the best deal I've ever seen.

The Moon watch is hand wound plus it has a hesalite crystal....equals plastic. IWC of course is not....
I was Rolex only kinda guy for years with my GMT pepsi.....EXP 1 and a DJ two tone.....then i bought a Omega AT a few years ago....
Last watch I bought a year ago was IWC Pilot blue face Spitfire with leather strap....love the IWC now ....turning into IWC fan.
photo is the one i was thinking of buying......

For me it would be Speedmaster all day-it's as timeless as something like a Datejust or Submariner.

With that said, if you're serious about buying a Speedmaster PM me and I can put you in touch with some Speedmaster experts who I'd buy from in a heartbeat as opposed to buying on Ebay.

For me it would be Speedmaster all day-it's as timeless as something like a Datejust or Submariner.

With that said, if you're serious about buying a Speedmaster PM me and I can put you in touch with some Speedmaster experts who I'd buy from in a heartbeat as opposed to buying on Ebay.
I was not buying it from ebay....its a AD in Scottsdale AZ

I'll echo this. Certain brands are just known for certain things, their "timeless" offerings.

IWC is known for the Pilot's Watch. That's their iconic offering. Yes, they offer other very fine watches, but the Pilots Watch Mark [XV-whatever] is their bread and butter.

Personally, the Aquatime Chrono is a confusing watch. It has a day/date, but also a chronograph, but it's also a dive watch. It's like a kid who triple-majored in college but can't figure out where he wants to work after graduation. It's also pretty chunky at 44mm and just not really what I think of when I hear IWC.

The Moonwatch is the Moonwatch. It is purely a chronograph. It remains manual wind and still uses Hesalite because NASA said so. Yeah, you can get an automatic Speedmaster, but it's not a Moonwatch, and you can get a Moonwatch with sapphire, but that's not like the one that went to the moon. People are weird with the Moonwatch like that.

In the end, it's your watch. Buy what you want and enjoy it.

An Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional is on my list of things to reward myself with after a lifetime of hard work and financial responsibility. It needs to be wound every couple of days and will require service every few years. But it is more than just a way to tell time. It is tru;y an iconic watch with heritage that began with auto racing about a decade before Apollo 11.
Current model list price with the Hesalite crystal and solid back and stainless bracelet is about $6300. The sapphire crystal and back where you can see the movement is about $7150. They have gone up quite a bit in the last few years. A slightly used one that has been recently serviced or priced to allow for a complete service may be a good bet.

The IWC is thinner & for everyday wear, with the associated bangs of life, this one might show less 'patina'. Both are great watches.

Aquatimer Chrono is 17mm thick. Moonwatch is 13.9mm.

At 44mm x 17mm, an Aquatimer Chrono is a watch with significant “wrist presence”. In other words: It’s a big honking watch!

Back