Olds Aurora..how good/bad is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering as I seem to like these cars more and more when I see them on the road...too bad they didn't make a 2-door.

I'm only referring to the "originnal" style Aurora which only came with the 4.0 v-8, I think they ended this style in 1999/2000? Those are sort of hard to find these dyas. I didn't like the later(post 2000) model much.

so, how good(or bad) are these cars?
Is the 4.0 engine(max.hp 250 hp) dependable?
anyone with experience?

I wonder if this should be my next car someday...

any info is appreciated...Thanks.

http://www.epinions.com/auto_Make-1999_Oldsmobile_Aurora/display_~reviews

http://www.epinions.com/auto_Make-1998_Oldsmobile_Aurora/display_~reviews

Hope this helps.
cool.gif

[ September 11, 2004, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Boeing 757 Pilot ]

Oil pan gasket failures are common. Engine and transaxle must be yanked to replace oil pan gasket. Most problems will be common with the cadillac northstar engine.

My family has had 2 Auroras, both 1995 models. The engines are identical to the Cadillac Northstar engines, yet I would never buy one. My mom just recently bought a Saturn Vue to replace hers. Ever since it passed 100,000 miles the Aurora had been a complete piece of junk! We're talkin trans, radiator, and MAJOR electrical malfunctions. STAY AWAY...in my opinion.

Plus a lot of the parts are unique for Olds and since GM discontinued Olds those parts will become scarce to impossible to find in a few years.

Whimsey

I can't think of many parts that are unique other then interior or body panels, but that's true on most cars.

The engine is pretty much the same as the Northstar found in most Cadillacs, same with the transmission, the chassis, suspension, and most other body parts are shared with the other "g" body cars: Lesabre, Bonneville, Riviera, Park Avenue, Seville, and Deville.

-T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back