Old motorcycle filter cross ref

Goofy question... I remember several years back, finding a comprehensive list of mc filter to car filter cross references. I thought it was here, but now I can't find it. Any suggestions?

Generally you just need to know the thread, they usually use the smallest car filters if you're using a car filter, for 3/4-16 thread use a Fram 4967 or 4386 if you can fit something a little longer and if it's M20x1.5mm then use a Fram 6607 or 7317 if you can fit something a little longer.

Thanks, all, that was exactly what I was looking for!

BBDartCA - you are absolutely right. And it goes the other way, too! I bought a kn198 when the kn303 was out at the local store, as it lists as compatible. However, the seal is different, and marginal for my Valkyrie. I'm keeping an eye on it.. I've picked up a purolator 14610, just in case.

Chris

Thanks, all, that was exactly what I was looking for!

BBDartCA - you are absolutely right. And it goes the other way, too! I bought a kn198 when the kn303 was out at the local store, as it lists as compatible. However, the seal is different, and marginal for my Valkyrie. I'm keeping an eye on it.. I've picked up a purolator 14610, just in case.

Chris

yep. Motorcycle Oil filter redial clearance like this are one concern ....

Attachments

• E2FA69C3-46C2-47EA-A847-927A13ED44E1.jpeg
    E2FA69C3-46C2-47EA-A847-927A13ED44E1.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 9
Yeah, my Valk has the oil filter sticking out the front. An over-length filter might hit the front fender! My Vstrom is same, but more clearance.

Chris

Yea well Italians......its pretty safe in there, except for when it spins off. Most guys put a hose clamp around it with the head against the pickup baffle to keep it from spinning off.

Back