Old 1984 Yamaha XT-250

Status
Not open for further replies.
I jiust got thi meglected bike from a frind for $500.00 Only 1,300 miles om it but it need some TLC. Pulled the tank to drain and Inspect not bad a little bit of trash and dirt. Pulled the rear wheel brake shoes stuck to the brake drum!! Ordered some new D>O>T> approved Knobby tires " Cheng Shin Enduro tires Made in China $33.00 each not bad. The drive chain was so rusty onece I fought it off it was stiff as t tree limb Ha ha had ti wask it with a mallet so get some bend in it so I can soak it in a mix of Kroil and Break free what a test. Ging to use Rotella 15-40 in the engine and a Stock yamaha oil filter. Its a fun spring project Im havind a blast out side in this greatwarm spring weather. I even started to Polish the Aluminum Rims but they have a tuff clear coat on them Im using rubbing compound I guy i know did his with 1500 emery cloth folled by a mother Alu cleaner Im just going thu the shop what ever is on hand this is a budget bike!! But its sure a lot of work but the restoration will pay off it will look like in did in 1984 with my TLC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back