OK XJ Owners... Weigh In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Miller88
How do you find them in manual transmission?

I have never had a problem finding them with a manual at all. When I lived in GA, they were everywhere. In Alaska, also everywhere. Maybe just regions where they went offroad more than the mall more of them sold with three pedals.

Be advised, with rust like that the rear Shocks are hard to replace because the upper bolt is mounted to the unibody construction. If they rust, you have to cut a bit of sheet metal out just to replace the rear shocks.

At least that is what happened on my '91 XJ.

GL

I just received my UOA from Blackstone and I'm pretty pleased with it... aside from the lead that is.

Have any of you XJ owners run into this? I'll probably be putting the Jeep up for sale in the near future and don't want whomever buys it to end up needing to tear the engine apart.

Is that Mobil 1 HM or regular M1? Irregardless it is the best Mobil UOA for the Jeep 4.0 I have ever seen! Nice! And 8 ppm is nothing, absolutely nothing to even consider. Now 108 ppm might be starting to mean something.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Is that Mobil 1 HM or regular M1? Irregardless it is the best Mobil UOA for the Jeep 4.0 I have ever seen! Nice! And 8 ppm is nothing, absolutely nothing to even consider. Now 108 ppm might be starting to mean something.

That was regular Mobil 1 5W-30 with an M1-301 filter.

And yea, the Jeep is great. Just reset the ECU today and wish I had done so months ago.

I have a 2000 XJ. I use Supertech 5w30 (synthetic), and change it every 5,000. I'm hoping this thing runs forever, I love it. Always look forward to the snow!

Honestly at under 6k mile intervals, I'd run the cheapest name brand oil you could find and I would be your numbers stay about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back