Oil to reduce consumption

Definitely he is speaking comparatively. That's a very common complaint people have/have had with PP or PUP.
You may be right but I don't quite understand the comment. If there is zero oil consumption with literally any other brand of oil, what exactly does he have for comparison to the oil consumption seen with PP/PUP? This is an honest question and maybe I missed something in your statement.
I simply want to know *how much* oil consumption he is seeing when using PP/PUP, this is commonly stated in quarts/1000 miles (or liters/1000 km) and no comparison is needed.

You may be right but I don't quite understand the comment. If there is zero oil consumption with literally any other brand of oil, what exactly does he have for comparison to the oil consumption seen with PP/PUP? This is an honest question and maybe I missed something in your statement.
I simply want to know *how much* oil consumption he is seeing when using PP/PUP, this is commonly stated in quarts/1000 miles (or liters/1000 km) and no comparison is needed.
I’m not sure what else you want me to say? With PP/PUP the oil level drops on the dipstick during a normal OCI, some engines down to the low mark, and others somewhere in between.

With other oils the level doesn’t even move from the full mark. This is just my experience with my own vehicles.

So you mean comparative to other vehicles that also burn oil when running PUP. I understand. Guess I had a brain fart or something lol.

For the OP of this thread, it would be nice when people say "it's consuming oil" if they could include how much consumption they are seeing.
0.5 quart in 5000 miles is not a big deal. 1 quart in 1000 miles is a real problem.

Been fighting modest oil consumption in my 2011 TSX wagon since about 50,000 miles. I received a notice from Acura that they were extending the engine warranty due to problems with deposits on low tension piston rings and excessive oil consumption, but I never came close to their criteria for ring replacement. They blamed it on fuel with too little detergent, so I started using only Top Tier gas as they suggested. I added Techron a few times per year and started using high mileage synthetic oil to approach the problem from the other end. I ditched the maintenance minder and went to shorter 6,000 mile OCI. Consumption has dropped from about 1 qt per 6,000 miles to 1 qt per 3,000 miles. I fill to 100% on the dipstick and add a half quart at about 3,000 miles between changes. This is the only car I've owned since a 1977 VW Rabbit that has consumed any oil between changes. Nature of the beast I suppose.

Back