Oil spec question

I used the search, but don't feel i have my answer.

2013 F150 5.0.

Manual calls for WSS-M2C945-A of 5W-20

I have several cases, and have been using, Kirkland Full Sun #1448209 5W-20. Says it meets SP and ILSAC GF-6A and GF-5

Couldn't track down the Kirkland spec sheet, probably just looking in the wrong spot.

Does this oil meet the Ford spec?

This site did help me determine that the Miles SynBlend 5W-30 meets that spec, and the simple "SN" spec for my 2012 Nissan Altima QR25DE.

thank you.

Last edited:
Based on the product data sheet for Supertech Full Synthetic (10k mile interval), it's relabeled equivalent of Kirkland Signature should also meet and exceed WSS-M2C945-A and the updated WSS-M2C960-A1 spec, as well as Chrysler MS-6395. But, their manufacturer Highline Warren chooses not to list this on the bottles and jugs.

There may be some discussion over whether the verbiage of "Meets Requirements" since Chrysler and Ford's specs don't really require an approval or license like dexos1 gen2.

Below is a snippet of a Product Data Sheet for STFS 5w-30, GF6 rated. You're welcome to call Highline Warren to see if you can get a copy of a Product data sheet for KS 5w-20, I haven't seen one yet.

1648744038804.jpg

There may be some discussion over whether the verbiage of "Meets Requirements" since Chrysler and Ford's specs don't really require an approval or license like dexos1 gen2.

View attachment 94671
That chart is screwed up. No API oils are approved, they are licensed. And how they can meet the requirements of some of those prior licenses all at the same time is somewhat of a mystery to me as well. Same for ILSAC, they publish a standard but they do not approve oils. For some of the rest the words "meets requirements" is appropriate except for dexos. Again this is a license not an approval.

One can probably figure out what they mean but for a major blender like Warren that should know what they are doing that's a bit of mess.

That chart is screwed up. No API oils are approved, they are licensed. And how they can meet the requirements of some of those prior licenses all at the same time is somewhat of a mystery to me as well. Same for ILSAC, they publish a standard but they do not approve oils. For some of the rest the words "meets requirements" is appropriate except for dexos. Again this is a license not an approval.

One can probably figure out what they mean but for a major blender like Warren that should know what they are doing that's a bit of mess.
Yeah I agree. I'm sure Highline Warren would benefit greatly from one of us BITOG'ers advising them. It doesn't make sense why they wouldn't advertise that their oil could meet Ford and Chrysler's specs since it has the API SP-RC donut and is licensed for D1G2. I'm sure that lack of a line of print has turned away a few customers.

For any that may be curious, here's the back of a jug courtesy of PQIA.

1648751073262.jpg

I used the search, but don't feel i have my answer.

2013 F150 5.0.

Manual calls for WSS-M2C945-A of 5W-20

I have several cases, and have been using, Kirkland Full Sun #1448209 5W-20. Says it meets SP and ILSAC GF-6A and GF-5

Couldn't track down the Kirkland spec sheet, probably just looking in the wrong spot.

Does this oil meet the Ford spec?

This site did help me determine that the Miles SynBlend 5W-30 meets that spec, and the simple "SN" spec for my 2012 Nissan Altima QR25DE.

thank you.
What else does the manual say about fluid specs?

I've run it 7500 easy on a 2021 cx-5 and also a 2007 outback I had last year. It's good oil, the price is now the issue as getting to costco in syracuse is 80-90 min for me.

Maybe I will switch to 7500

Then again, I drive like a jack ass most of the time.

Back