Oil Recommended for 2014 Lamborghini Gallardo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it calls for 10w60 you know that's too heavy for street use. Warranty aside Mobil 1 0W40 would probably produce better wear numbers. I can't prove that but I can't imagine most any engine needing anything thicker than Mobil 1 0W40.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I believe Pennzoil Ultra 5w40 is the factory fill. You need to be using that.

Sorry, I was thinking Ferrari.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
My nephew is a little weirdo, his own car is an early 00's Honda Civic, his father liked to own a Lamborghini some years ago but couldn't afford it.

He saved up for 5-6 years and bought it with cash for his dad and still driving the beat up Civic.

He told his dad that he will buy a replacement for the Civic next year or the year after, probably a Civic SI.

How many kids would put away $40k a year let alone spend 5 years of their savings on their Dad? I hope it makes his Dad and him happy.

On another thread, people were concerned about me spending $60k on a used exotic with money that will take nowhere as long to save. They'll have heart attacks when I tell them about this thread!

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Even if it calls for 10w60 you know that's too heavy for street use. Warranty aside Mobil 1 0W40 would probably produce better wear numbers. I can't prove that but I can't imagine most any engine needing anything thicker than Mobil 1 0W40.

I have opened up a few street driven engines run on RS10w60 and the wear after 200K is negligible. So negligible in fact the bearings, bores and cams were well within OEM new specs.
No wear numbers from some UOA these are actual inside/outside micrometer measurements.
These are similar to engines like those found in large sport bikes, they rev like mad and shear the oil accordingly.

VW/Audi didn't put out a TSB and spec 10w-60 for their health.

Other than Doc Haas how many on this site own one and are able to give advice ? Farout it is a 2014 Lamborghini Gallardo probably brand new!

Oils recommendations for most high performance cars I have Googled in the leading oil manufacturers websites say "Refer to Dealer".

Last edited:
So you don't think that "Ford have been running 5W-20 semi synthetics for a bajillion miles, through the hot deserts of Tatooine for two decades" is appropriate advice for a new Lambo ?

Originally Posted By: Shannow
So you don't think that "Ford have been running 5W-20 semi synthetics for a bajillion miles, through the hot deserts of Tatooine for two decades" is appropriate advice for a new Lambo

New Lambo under warranty IMO refer to dealer.

I recall the Doc is upfront with what oil he uses in his exoctic cars with the dealer. The Doc also conducts various UOAs to monitor etc.

What Fords runs and for how long and where, is a furphy thrown in here.

If whoever wants to run whatever in whatever I am fine with that.

Originally Posted By: virginoil
Other than Doc Haas how many on this site own one and are able to give advice ? Farout it is a 2014 Lamborghini Gallardo probably brand new!

Oils recommendations for most high performance cars I have Googled in the leading oil manufacturers websites say "Refer to Dealer".

I own a TV and toaster so that makes me a TV and toaster expert.
Of course you go by the book and any TSB that is applicable.

Originally Posted By: Trav

If it was your son seeking advice on this forum for $200k plus vehicle how would you like me to advise him ?

Last edited:
this sounds more like a bragpost to me, why in the world would anyone run anything but the dealer recommended oil in a monster like this?

Originally Posted By: Trav

If it was your son seeking advice on this forum for $200k plus vehicle how would you like me to advise him ?

I would hope that you would tell him to follow the mfg. recommendation. I would not take advise from someone on a message board running an oil so far out of spec. No disrespect intended. If it called for a 60 grade oil I could see running a 50 grade oil, under certain conditions but not a 20 grade oil. I think that's what Trav was trying to say.

I've used Supertech 30 wt HD in my Briggs and Stratton powered lawn equipment for years without any problems.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
My brother in Phoenix called this Sunday morning to inform me that his son bought him 2014 Lamborghini Gallardo at a cost of $200k.

I wonder what oil brand and grade is recommended for this beat, M1 0W40 or PU 5W30 or Amsoil 5W40 ? Cost is probably not a real concern since he is driving less than 4-5k miles a year in this beat, so he can get away with 1 year oil change.

No, I will not change oil in this car. I can't afford to pay for repair if anything goes wrong after oil change.

Pennzoil Ultra Euro L 5w-30 is the recommended oil

it's the VW Longlife III oil so Castrol Edge 5w-30 etc will be good as well

http://lubematch.shell.co.uk/us/en_US/equipment/gallardo_lp_560_4_spyder_EFt8PeA4u

regards

Riggaz

Last edited:
It depends on how he drives it. If he drives it gently, even 0W-16 is sufficient for an engine that powerful, as being driven gently will be like idling for a 500 HP engine. If he floors it or races it, use the viscosity recommended by the car maker, which is probably xW-40. M1 0W-40 SN should be OK.

Out of curiosity, what does your nephew do do?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back