Oil Recommendation For BMW M52TU engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched for more oils, I found the GM Opel Dexos 2 5W-30, that has LL04 approval.

It's the cheapest I could find, 5L for 20$. Is this a good option?

Originally Posted by PT_Bimmer
I searched for more oils, I found the GM Opel Dexos 2 5W-30, that has LL04 approval.

Are you going for price or appropriate oil?

That oil does not carry a real bmw approval. Try Shell Helix ultra 5w-30. Think its the cheapest oil that carry a real Bmw approval.

Originally Posted by edyvw

I'd rather go for appropriate oil. I want a good oil, instead of paying for brand name.

As I said, I use LM toptec 4200 5W30, but it's very expensive 50$/5L. I read in some forums that is not worthed for it's properties, that has a lot of marketing.

Here, Castrol is also on that price range, but I'm sure that I can get a good oil without paying so much. Or am I being too unrealistic?

Originally Posted by edyvw

I'd rather go for appropriate oil. I want a good oil, instead of paying for brand name.

As I said, I use LM toptec 4200 5W30, but it's very expensive 50$/5L. I read in some forums that is not worthed for it's properties, that has a lot of marketing.

Here, Castrol is also on that price range, but I'm sure that I can get a good oil without paying so much. Or am I being too unrealistic?

You are assuming that you are only paying for brand name and not good oil. Persoanlly, I would not touch Liqui Moly with 10m yard stick.
If you want really, really good oil, get that Castrol 0W30 I posted you link above. That is probably best commonly available oil in Europe for cars like that. It is PAO based oil. But, you can get Shell, Mobil1, etc. You guys in Europe have more options than we do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back