Oil Prices DOWN At Wal-Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 5 qt. jug of Mobil 1 0w-30 AFE was $23.50 and now it is at $21.00. I saw several other 5 qt. jugs that had gone down in price as well. The only one I can recall being the same price was Pennzoil Ultra which was still at $28.

And strangely Wal-Mart had a few jugs of Valvoline Max Life FULL SYNTHETIC 5w-30 which haven't been at my local Wal-Mart for at least 2 years now, but there were no 1 qt. bottles of it in any viscosity. The jugs were $25. I was VERY TEMPTED to buy it for the first oil change of my Mustang under my ownership.

Instead, I bought a 5 qt. jug of Mobil 1 0w-30 AFE, a 1 qt. bottle of the same (my Mustang takes 6 qts.), and a Motorcraft FL-820S oil filter. I think the grand total was a little over $31.

I plan on doing 10K OCIs with a 5K oil filter change and top off. My car is about ready to turn 77,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
lucky you - my local wm just raised oil prices: Motorcraft blend went from 11:50 to 12. most synths went up

At my wally, many oils have gone up, but some down. Like the OP, Mobil 1 is down to 21.00 for all except EP. Maxlife blend is down to 14.00 from 16.00, making it only .50 more than PYB.

Originally Posted By: Mustang Man
And strangely Wal-Mart had a few jugs of Valvoline Max Life FULL SYNTHETIC 5w-30 which haven't been at my local Wal-Mart for at least 2 years now, but there were no 1 qt. bottles of it in any viscosity. The jugs were $25. I was VERY TEMPTED to buy it for the first oil change of my Mustang under my ownership.

I just picked up a jug at Wally's for $9, so who knows, maybe yours will go down as well.

John

Originally Posted By: John_K
I just picked up a jug at Wally's for $9, so who knows, maybe yours will go down as well.

John

It must not have been FULL SYNTHETIC.

You guys are lucky, compared to most of the rest of us. I pay around US$12/quart for Mobil 1 5W-30 EP!

It’s not even sold here, in Malaysia. A guy I know brings it in from Singapore. The Mobil 1 sold here comes in 15W-50 & 0W-40 only (4 liter bottle/jug). No API Starburst or Donut. It is blended in Singapore or Hong Kong.

I wrote to Exxon Mobil’s office here, asking them if the Mobil 1 sold here is API certified. Got a reply saying “Yes”. I then asked if that is so, why aren't the the API symbols on the label. I never heard back from the bloke...hahahaha!

John

Yup it was!

John

Yup it was!

For $9!?!?! WOW!

John

Yup it was!

For $9!?!?! WOW!

I would have bought more but they just had one jug left.

Then I did the $10 Walmart/Valvoline rebate so they paid me a buck to take it off their hands!
banana2.gif
banana2.gif

John

We've been lucky up here too.

Our local WM had Penzoil platinum for something like 18.99/.4.4 litre jug.

Thats as good a deal as we'd ever see up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back