Oil for Classic Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently inherited a 1967 Pontiac Grand Prix and was wondering what the best oil would be for this engine, I think it's a 428.

Thanks!

HDEO 10w30 would be a good start. 15w40 if it was rebuilt, and "built loose".

Summer cruiser? Race car? Stored winters?

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Exactly. Shell Rotella either way.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Summer cruiser? Race car? Stored winters?

It does have a rebuilt motor, not sure if it was built loose or not. It will be stored in the winters and will be a summer cruiser. No racing.

Thanks for the help guys!

Since it'll only be driven in the summers, I'd go for annual (prior to your summer trips that is) OCIs with any 15W-40...should be good to go with that.

For precaution-sake, I'd consider "fogging" the engine before the winter time hits, with either Sea Foam, Marvel Mystery Oil, or some other top-end "fogging" oil, to keep the cylinders nice is lubed while it's not being driven. about a tablespoon of either can't hurt down each cylinder.

Super Tech HM 10W-40.It has zinc,moly and boron.It has 850 parts of zinc,80 parts moly and 230 parts boron.It is thought that this oil is really Mag1 Synthetic Blend oil or a close version of it.

Mag1

If not Super Tech,Mobil Super HM 10W-40,it is Resource Conserving and a syn blend.The Mobil has zinc and titanium in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back