Oil for Air Compressor and CAT Pressure Washer Pump

I need oil recommendations for two pieces of home equipment.

1) Dewalt DXPW60604 Pressure Washer. This uses a CAT triplex pump. The owner's manual says to use:

"For best results, pump oil designed specifically for
pressure washers is recommended, as these contain a
rust inhibitor and an anti-foaming agent. If this oil is not
available, an SAE 30W non-detergent oil may be used."

2) Dewalt DXCM251 Air Compressor. The manual says to use:

"Use air compressor oil only. Multi-weight automotive engine oils like 10W30 should not be used in air compressors. They leave carbon deposits on critical components, thus reducing performance and compressor life. NOTE: Use full synthetic, non-detergent air compressor oil."

I currently use Amsoil Synthetic Compressor Oil ISO 100, SAE 30/40 (PCK) in the Compressor. Is this an appropriate product to be using in the CAT pump?

Thanks!

cat pump oil,

compressor oil

M1 10W-30 works in compressors and I know some pro pressure washing service people that run gear oil in their pressure washers

I had always heard that cat pump oil is good stuff and should be used vs anything else.

For the compressor, I’d run Amsoil compressor oil after breaking it in fully and doing a few D&F with something cheap.

I was visiting a retired friend who worked at car wash to keep busy. They had cat pumps running the bays and used M1 10w30.

I always thought ND oil should be used, but they didn’t have any issues. It’s still the most popular self service wash in town.

M1 10W-30 works in compressors and I know some pro pressure washing service people that run gear oil in their pressure washers
Consumer-grade pressure washers also use gear oil, it’s just such a small quantity of it(3-4oz) and it’s abused. I’m running ST 75W-140 in a homeowner-spec washer.

speaking of which, time for a fluid change with Valvoline 75-90.

Back