Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks ago BITOG member 86Cutlass307 PM'ed me about wanting to donate some oil filters. They arrived in the mail this AM.
There are a couple of 7317 filters and a PL14610 that we can use on an elderly woman Parishioner in my church on her 2001 Honda Civic. I called and told her and she is so very happy!
My nephew, whom lives in Baton Rouge, will see if anyone in his church can use the other oil filters.
86Cutlass307, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so very much! As you can see, you've already made one person very happy! Now she has (3) OCI's lined up!
May God Bless you, and your family as well!
smile.gif

BTW, I wanted to share something with my fellow donating members here. It was NEVER my intention to take food from someones mouth or money from their pocket. But, there are only about 300 people in the village I Live in. I call it a town, but theoretically, it's an village. There are (2) indy garages here. And, they are BAD NEWS! These people are poor that live here. If they need repairs they are forced to go to one of these price gouging, bend you over, shops! They have caught wind of myself, cousin, and friend, and how we are helping these elderly people. And, they are MAD! We have NEVER taken one red cent for our work! All we get are hand shakes, hugs, and a good meal every now and then. They even went as low as to call Social Security on me to try and have my SSDI taken away! They told them I was wrenching, building motors, and just doing basic car repairs. The (2) Social Workers that came and did their inspection and interview with me, found I was NOT doing any physical labor and encouraged me to continue doing the great deed we are doing for these people! Like I have always said,"GOD SEE'S ALL!"

dc9c88.jpg

Excuse the directness of this question but, if God sees all why hasn't he lobbed a thunderbolt onto those 2 filthy rats in your village?

I find myself asking that question about a dozen times a day.

Oh, and good man! for doing good things for people who need it. Kira

Last edited:
Thanks to all that have replied.
I am JUST getting over bronchitis! I had it for 8-9 days and it literally kicked my butt! I now have to get back to my regular everyday routine again.
And, DEMARPAINT, I have NOT forgotten about you!
thumbsup2.gif

BlueOvalFitter - those local shops need to leave people alone. Is it against the law for people to DIY maintenance? I'd talk to the police about those goons. Keep on doing your good deeds sir!
thumbsup2.gif

Bravo, BlueOvalFitter & 86Cutlass307. Bravo!!
thumbsup2.gif

Speaking of donating, do you think you can use a Purolator Premium Plus air filter A24881? I bought an extra for my wife's '95 Corsica but since I totaled it, the filter has been sitting in my garage for the past 6+ yrs, still in it's box. If you or anyone wants it, PM me and I'll send it to you. No charge or fee to you at all. I'll even pay the shipping (in the continental U.S. of course).

Last edited:
Sounds like typical humans being [censored] :(:(...keep up the good work :):).....btw the 6607's will replace the 7317's...dont be scared of them..just a shorter version of the 7317.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad the state doesn't have an effective consumer protection agency, if these folks are committing fraud against their customers it would put them out of business.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
BlueOvalFitter - those local shops need to leave people alone. Is it against the law for people to DIY maintenance? I'd talk to the police about those goons. Keep on doing your good deeds sir!
thumbsup2.gif

+1

Just out of curiosity, because this is the first I've heard of your deeds, how do "we" know you actually do the work and aren't scamming to get filters and then eBaying them? Or using them and charging for your services? Do you have a non profit or do people just trust you aren't a scammer?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Yup
Just out of curiosity, because this is the first I've heard of your deeds, how do "we" know you actually do the work and aren't scamming to get filters and then eBaying them? Or using them and charging for your services? Do you have a non profit or do people just trust you aren't a scammer?
How do "we" know you are not a troll? Do a search, plenty of information about what BOF has done. I have spoken at length with him and he is no scammer and is not a non-profit either. He is just a guy doing good deeds.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
How do "we" know you are not a troll? Do a search, plenty of information about what BOF has done. I have spoken at length with him and he is no scammer and is not a non-profit either. He is just a guy doing good deeds.

I might be a troll on occasion. But many of my answers aren't trolling. Sarcasm, trolling. Confusing. This was a legit question. I did check his previous posts. They were all just him sharing his story. That's why I asked if he or someone could vouch for him. Sounds like you have met/chatted with him and believe he's legit. That's what I was asking. Somewhere, in my moving boxes, I have 2 or three unused filters from a Honda we sold. If I found them, it would be a worthy donation if he's legit. Hence my question.

YUP, I don't know what rock you crawled from under, or, why ALL OF A SUDDEN you want to pick on me, but, what I do to help these unfortunate people here is ALL I have! 2015_PSD reached out to me several years ago with a donation of oil and filters and only asked one thing in return; PAY IT FORWARD! And, that's all I have been doing!
What proof is it that you NEED to know who I am and what I do? I shouldn't have to answer to you! But, if you PM me I MORE than will be happy to give you my phone number and we can arrange something. Until then, go TROLL on someone else!
BTW, I can't use the Honda oil filters. 2 others have PM'ed me with a similar offer. But, thank you anyway.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back