Oil Filter thread pitch

Bob, I manage a private car collection and have my own collection of vehicles personally. I encountered many times that certain filters interchange greatly across the spectrum of oil filters. I.E. the Ford FL1A. It seems to be a very common filter that many companies the make remote filter relocation kits use and it makes my job much easier when stocking filters.
Recently I purchased a 2017 Mahindra 2565 Shuttle Cab agricultural tractor for my farm. The filters on this tractor are kept well guarded as far as interchange.
Is there such a thing as a filter thread pitch gauge that one could determine the interchange matches? I realize there are other factors to be considered besides the thread pitch, but knowing that would allow me to shop with some knowledge.
I'd buy a whole set if they exist.
Mahindra is just absolutely breaking it off in the owners by keeping them on propitiatory filters. My last oil filter I just bought was $32.00!!!!!
It's no bigger than a standard Ford filter and has no apparent features that make it different from a $10.00 filter in my eyes, other than thread pitch.
Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, Steve

If you do not have the skill, take the filter to any machine shop and let them measure the thread so you will know what you have.

If it is an oddball proprietary thread- they can make an adapter.

I do this all the time, very simple. Just takes money

You can use calipers to measure the threads per inch or centimeters, and the stud diameter. You can take the Mahindra to a hardware store and try different bolts in the thread. Common 16 threads per inch or 1.5 mm metric threads are pretty close in pitch, but the thread diameter should be noticeable.

Last edited:
Considering the specific nature of his post, I think you're reaching.

Possibly but in recent months there were 2 more very similar addressed to "Bob", signed asking a basic question the poster ( given what they said they were) should already know without ever a second post. One purporting to be a female in distress even.

This one follows the same pattern. (not to mention we have "nucular man" on the prowl)

Possibly but in recent months there were 2 more very similar addressed to "Bob" ...

Hello My Name is Bob.jpg

Is there such a thing as a filter thread pitch gauge that one could determine the interchange matches? I realize there are other factors to be considered besides the thread pitch, but knowing that would allow me to shop with some knowledge.
I'd buy a whole set if they exist.

All you need to do is determine the thread diameter and pitch. Go buy a set of thread pitch gauges. If you're careful, you could actually use a good scale and simply measure the diameter and pitch (I've done that before in a pinch).

Recently I purchased a 2017 Mahindra 2565 Shuttle Cab agricultural tractor for my farm. The filters on this tractor are kept well guarded as far as interchange.

Do you know what the thread diameter and pitch is on the 2017 Mahindra 2565 tractor?

All filter manufactuers list what the thread diameter and pitch is on the filters they manufacture.

I tried the WIX cross-reference and it said 006017310B1(the filter for the 25 series' lower numbered models) was a good number for which there was no replacement.

OK OP, which specific machine do you have? If you are a troll, how does one extract/enjoy one's happiness units?
I have agents in India and could possibly solve this.

Wix 51324

20 x 1.5 MM thread, 16 psi bypass...

There was a longer filter, but it was replaced by the shorter one, and is unicorn tears now...

Considering the specific nature of his post, I think you're reaching.

Still think so?

Actually it was the specifics and level of detail that led me to lean toward troll.

You have a person with that job position and a "private collection" (as portrayed) who has allegedly done all that filter research doesn't already know about the concept of a thread gauge? ( or have the ability to google it)

Then there's all the "word salad" dressing around what amounts to a single meatball.

Back