Oil filter recommendation needed

Hello,

I am asking for filter recommendations for 2 cars:

1) 2012 Mazda 3 SkyAvtiv, Toronto weather, mileage below average, usually replacing oil (0w20) and filter when changing between all-season and winter tires (1-2 times/year depending on mileage), currently using WIX 57002. Currently considering these options.

2) 2014 Honda Odyssey, Toronto weather, mileage above average, usually replacing oil (0w20) and filter 2/year when changing between all-season and winter tires, currently using WIX 57356. Currently considering these options.

Not hung up on the company, but their prices look good (if I were to order 5x of each of the WIX filters above (10 total) it would come to CA$91 including shipping). If you can suggest cheaper/faster delivery to the Toronto area, I will gladly order from them instead.

Thank you!

If the Wix fits, then use them. OEM would also be good. Maintenance is 1000x more important than brand of filter.

I'm biased to the Fram ultra. I'm just east of Toronto and I leave the oil filter on for 2 years on the civic and leave it on for three oil changes 1.5 years on the Caravan. Although the ultra is double the price of others, it's more efficient and is designed to be run for longer intervals.

I usually order 6-8 filters at a time from rock auto and use the 5 percent coupon.

I have been using the ACDelco PF2057 on my Ody for the past few years and change the filter with every oil change. However I have to agree with the above recommendations for Fram XG7317, especially if you like to leave the filter on for several rounds. I just can't get past the old days when we changed them every time...leaving the filter on for a second round just feels wrong!

Keep using the WIX. They make quality filters. Otherwise, don't hesitate to use OEM filters. Your mileage, timing, environment are pieces of cake... Don't overthink this.

Any major brand would be a good choice. OEM wouldn't be a bad idea.

machinery lubrication notes filters are MORE important than oil choice so be sure to change every oil change!! i like wix but checking their shows the XG filters i "thought" were better filter LESS + are more for longer life!!

I use OEM (Mopar) on our T&C and Jeep. I use Mopar or Fleetguard on my Cummins. I might switch the Jeep to Motorcraft FL-400S going forward with Super Tech oil.

Just my $0.02

None of the above from Rock, There is no way to tell where they came from and how old they are unless they have a date code. You don't see what you get until you get it. I got a box full I don't know what to do with. Wasted some money. Dealer parts counter or Walmart fresh stock. It's not like you are buying an oil filter every day.

Back