Oil Filter Q? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not offended. Besides with a name like blue oval we are instantly friends. Some people cut open filters as a hobby and I write novels. Seriously we'd have beer in person. Now worries on my end. All the best.

Originally Posted By: ToadU
I looked up the owners manuals online. Not one of the owners manuals suggest an engine flush. Nowhere in them I could find that listed in preventative maintenance even for severe duty. I stand by my statement it's not recommended in any owners manual I am aware of.

Here's a quote from you in a thread the other day...
[censored] my diesels were needing the exhaust filters baked every 100k miles ish @ $2k each time

Could you please show us where this is "listed in preventative maintenance, even for severe duty?" I'm having trouble finding it in the owners manual.
Seriously we'd have beer in person.

cheers3.gif

Morning. Yes beer. But after 11am. Haha. I'm confused what your asking? I don't bake my particulate filters as part of any preventative maintenance. The owners manuals do discuss the need of having the filters baked when indicated. I've never seen a cleaning of thr filters as PM.

BOF-if you have any Carquest stores left, see if they have any CQ Blue filters left (the Fram or Affinia ones)-if you use online codes & Speed Perks, it is possible to buy them for around $4 each. 99% @ 20 micron media, silicone ADBV, similar in construction to the Mobil 1 EPs. They are doing so well on the 4.6 2V in my sig that I sent my XG2s back! Run those & PYB 5W20 for 3K OCIs-you'll clean it up gradually, hopefully without the 3V cam phaser issues they're known for.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
BOF-if you have any Carquest stores left, see if they have any CQ Blue filters left (the Fram or Affinia ones)-if you use online codes & Speed Perks, it is possible to buy them for around $4 each. 99% @ 20 micron media, silicone ADBV, similar in construction to the Mobil 1 EPs. They are doing so well on the 4.6 2V in my sig that I sent my XG2s back! Run those & PYB 5W20 for 3K OCIs-you'll clean it up gradually, hopefully without the 3V cam phaser issues they're known for.

Thank you BW, I will pass this info onto my son.

BOF, if the valve train & inside of the valve cover fill hole looks pretty clean, then just run some good full synthetic and do normal oil change intervals along with a good synthetic oil filter.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
BOF, if the valve train & inside of the valve cover fill hole looks pretty clean, then just run some good full synthetic and do normal oil change intervals along with a good synthetic oil filter.

The Ford tech stated that there was quite a bit of varnish.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

The Ford tech stated that there was quite a bit of varnish.
21.gif

I wouldn't do an engine flush over varnish. A good full synthetic will help clean that up safely over time.

Originally Posted By: car51
I would agree with Bullwinkle, use some PYB for 3-4K oci's

It's my sons truck and he has 8 qts. (engine capacity is 7 qts.) of M1 0W40 that a customer gave to him awhile back. I found a NAPA ProSelect 21372 oil filter in an old box in my shed. He is going to do a 3-5K mile OCI and then go to MC 5W20 and a FU, MC, or WIX GOLD oil filter.

Originally Posted By: car51
BlueOvalFilter: if you need any filters or stuff you know what to do
smile.gif

Thank you car51, that's very nice of you to offer your kind generosity. But, my son works for Ford on the Express Lube rack. He gets discounts on oil and filters.
Again, thank you sir!
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back