Oil change for 1996 Civic LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best friend (a girl) drives a 1996 4-door civic LX with 108k miles, she told me she was gonna get the oil changed tomorrow.. so I told her to come by and I'll do it for her for a LOT cheaper and the job will be done right.

I can do conventional for $15 (Mobil clean 5000 5W30)
or synthetic for $20 (supertech synthetic 5w30)
...all with supertech filter because they are decent filters and only $3.

But I wanna know before-hand how much oil does it take? Have any of you had issues switching to synthetic in the civic? Where is the filter located?? I have a 2004 SE-R Spec-V so all the filter I have at home are PureONE 14612/14610 which is also the supertech 6607/7317 ...and I have one supertech 3614.

1) No issues switching to syn. on Hondas
2) Go to Walmart and pick up Pennzoil Platinum (It's 20 bucks and a 15 mail in rebate and its better than SuperTech)
3) Oil filter is under the car. Jack it up, put it up on stands and you should be able to clearly see it
4) Your engine should take 3.5 to 3.7 quarts (check your user manual, it's listed there)

Originally Posted By: hpichris

2) Go to Walmart and pick up Pennzoil Platinum (It's 20 bucks and a 15 mail in rebate and its better than SuperTech)

Thanks for the reminder to stop at Walmart tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: MrWideTires
What filter does it take? Maybe I have it here and dont have to go to wallyworld..

PL14459

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back