OEM Used vs New Aftermarket

Hello,

Long story short, I need to replace my spindles/knuckles after a botched bearing job from mechanic.

OEM new is about $400+
Aftermarket new is $50 Amazon
Used OEM is $60+

Which would you pick? Application is for a 2006 Sentra SER Spec V that sees autocross/light track duty.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210405-200400_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210405-200400_Chrome.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20210404-120509_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210404-120509_eBay.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 29
If that has press-fit parts you can buy the whole item with the new press-fit part already installed from Rock-Auto. One advantage to doing that is that it eliminates the possibility of the fit of the press-fit parts not being compatible.

Last edited:
used part and properly install the bearing

aftermarket would probably work alright, there’s not too many ways you can mess this knuckle up

Places like California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, & Oklahoma are great for buying clean used non-wear items.
Used OE every time.
I know you two are mechanics (maybe others are too) so do customers go this route often ? Downside I am sure of is time - you can't order one of these and have it delivered in a few hours and finish the job before the end of the day or the following day. I just imagine most customers will choose the quicker option vs waiting (up to a week ?).

I know you two are mechanics (maybe others are too) so do customers go this route often ? Downside I am sure of is time - you can't order one of these and have it delivered in a few hours and finish the job before the end of the day or the following day. I just imagine most customers will choose the quicker option vs waiting (up to a week ?).

I've been doing quite a bit of Suspension Collision Repair because the snow/ice storm we had in February, My local "yards" can usually get whatever I need within 24 hours given it's a common model.

Back