OEM Sticker Residue

I took the "Gladiator" stickers off my Jeep Gladiator and on one side, I cannot get the residue off. Heat gun won't get it, and WD 40 won't get it. I even tried a mild rubbing compound. And it is just too tacky for a razor blade to get under it.

So my question is, what about Goo Gone? If nobody thinks that will do it, is there something else? Otherwise, I will get a new razor blade and really put the fire of Hell on it with that heat gun and try again.

Oddly, it is just one side. The other was not so difficult and came pretty much right off.

I have had good luck with 70% isopropyl alcohol and a micro fiber rag. Dont use the same spot on the rag for long since it will load up with the adhesive.

I took the "Gladiator" stickers off my Jeep Gladiator and on one side, I cannot get the residue off. Heat gun won't get it, and WD 40 won't get it. I even tried a mild rubbing compound. And it is just too tacky for a razor blade to get under it.

So my question is, what about Goo Gone? If nobody thinks that will do it, is there something else? Otherwise, I will get a new razor blade and really put the fire of Hell on it with that heat gun and try again.

Oddly, it is just one side. The other was not so difficult and came pretty much right off.
Orange off or goo gone.

I use gasoline and it doesn't damage anything.

I follow up with dish soap and water.

It probably strips wax, LOL.

I would NOT use gasoline or magic eraser. I have used those magic erasers in the past, and had it scratch the clear coat on both a car and a boat. The boat was so bad I could never get it right again.

I have used this very successfully many times to remove badges. Works GREAT!
Goo-Gone Pro Power Gel

I have used this on painted on lettering on a boat hull with no damage to the clear coat. This stuff is crazy strong though...removes its own label if any drips down. Not sure I would use it on auto paint...

Last edited:
The rubber eraser wheel works great. Just go slow on the drill speed and keep it moving. Removed all the glue when I took the emblems off my tailgate.

Back