OBD2 Scanner Question

I was looking at an Autel MD806 Pro OBD2 scanner and wondering if anyone is using it and what the consensus is. Pro or no-go?​

I don’t believe I’ve used that one. But overall I’ve been impressed with Autel scan tools all together so I am sure that one is good as well.

I don't own an Autel scanner but I follow several YT diagnostic channels and those guys seem to like their Autel scanners. I read some of the reviews on Amazon for this scanner and one person said that it doesn't work well on vehicles newer than 2013. Not sure if that is true but that may be an issue for you since your signature shows vehicles past that year.

I use an Innova 5610 which is decent but doesn't support much info for my older 90's vehicles. My old AutoXray 6000 has way more info and PIDS than this Innova for the older stuff.

Launch is another scanner that seems decent.

Depends what you want to do with it, are you running a shop? Otherwise a cheap one, the Autel AP200 that does all the codes is just $61.08 at Amazon. Walmart used to have it for $50 but I don't see it listed there anymore, maybe it's out of stock.

I agree. I'd stick with an inexpensive code reader unless you know you need advanced features or you already have an inexpensive one and need more capability. I've done so much with my cheap little reader.

The Autel MD806 Pro is great high end DIY scanner that gives you a lot of added features like SRS relearn, ABS codes, DPF, etc that cheaper scanners won't have. It can't do some things that professional shop grade scanners can do like bi-directional control, ECU programming, etc so if you are running a shop it would be somewhat lacking as a primary scan tool.

Reactions: NJC
The Autel MD806 Pro is great high end DIY scanner that gives you a lot of added features like SRS relearn, ABS codes, DPF, etc that cheaper scanners won't have. It can't do some things that professional shop grade scanners can do like bi-directional control, ECU programming, etc so if you are running a shop it would be somewhat lacking as a primary scan tool.
I'd rather support other online retailers besides Amazon, but where in Canada can Autel's be purchased?

Back