Nu Finish - Second coat beneficial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently cleaned and waxed my wife's 2012 Cruze with a clay bar and Nu Finish. The car looks good but, I was wondering about a second coat of Nu Finish. Does a second coat of Nu Finish build up a thicker layer of weather protection, or, is one layer enough?

Does a second coat look glossier or can you tell any difference?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Never tried it. I doubt you are going to see that much of a difference.

Do us a favour and try it. Take pics before and after too.

A second coat will insure better coverage of the product, eg: less chance of missed spots. I usually re-coat a wax job a week apart.

I used this on my gas stove. Then I did the roof hood and trunk lid of the VW .

One rainstoen and it was like it was never waxed.

VERY disappointed.

I would use Skyactive advice. I find wax re application only removes previous job.
Unless its a light Carnauba with no polish.

Maybe you should get a tin Of Mother's pure Carnauba.

You'll remember that smell from the old days!

But it wont last either.

Originally Posted by PimTac
The fine abrasive properties of the product will remove the previous layer.

NuFinish is not abrasive. It uses chemical cleaners.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
You'd be better off to use a spray detailer or quick wax. I'd use Turtle Wax Ice Seal N Shine Spray Wax after your next wash.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Turtle-Wax-Ice-Seal-N-Shine-16oz/550634253

The Turtle Wac Ice Spray Wax is dope and works very well on top of any other wax. Its super easy with amazing results! I used Meguirs Express Wax and Optimum spray wax, Turtle Wax is a better value and sold in stores.

I usually put on two coats 2 to 4 weeks after the first.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by rooflessVW

Then the solvents will dissolve the first layer as it adds the new one?

I redo the hood after 30 days or so. I thought that the NuFinish can/bottle suggested a second coat after 30 days for max protection. Ed

Last edited:
Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by rooflessVW

Then the solvents will dissolve the first layer as it adds the new one?

They certainly may. Then again, it is not so strange to think that NuFinish is strong enough to stand up to itself.

In any case, two applications will result in a more even coat.

As said before the second coat will make a more even coat so yes it will be thicker.... in the thin spots of your first coat.
smile.gif

Maybe I got a China imposter. NuFinish

That NUFinish didnt work on my VW at all.

I did a nice wash prep and a heavy application well rubbed in.
Hard work!.

Gone in one rainstorm.
No beading, no wax feel nothing

Been having wax issues since CLEAR COAT

So I gave up on waxing. I Only did it this time since I have a lease and I park under a sap dripping White Pine.

OP. - Buy another brand premium wax and try again.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

Hard work!.

Gone in one rainstorm.

So I gave up on waxing. I Only did it this time since I have a lease and I park under a sap dripping White Pine.

That's funny works great for me (on my $50,000.00 Silverado) there is a very good YouTube video that compares it to others and it holds up well. Congrats-I was waiting for the first bash comment.

I would suggest going down to Walmart and spending the meager $7.00ish dollars ( for a new bottle) and YOU TRY AGAIN.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dufus2
The Turtle Wac Ice Spray Wax is dope and works very well on top of any other wax. Its super easy with amazing results! I used Meguirs Express Wax and Optimum spray wax, Turtle Wax is a better value and sold in stores.

That's important to a lot of people. And I don't understand why these "boutique" car care products don't catch on to it, and make their products more available on the shelf to the average consumer? They would sell a lot more of their products if they did. Most people like the convenience of walking into a store, and buying their car care products off the shelf. And they aren't going to buy what they can't find or see.

Yes, people who like to spend 10 hours cleaning their vehicles with Q-Tips, and enough products to sink a container vessel, will go to great lengths to buy the latest and greatest. Constantly searching for something better. While there is nothing wrong with that, it only represents a small sliver of the car care market.

95% of the car care public is looking for a product that is easy to use, works well, and most importantly, is easy to find and purchase. (This is one of the reasons Nu Finish has been so successful over the last several decades).

Turtle Wax products fit into that demographic very well. I have used their spray on Wax-As-U-Dry for years. Is shines well, is fast and easy to use, and water beads off the stuff like crazy. My vehicles just plain look good when I'm done. And I don't have to spend hours, or break my back doing it. And I know I'm applying protection every time I wash and dry them.

Over the years I've tried a lot more expensive, much more labor intensive products that don't work nearly as well. Including some of the much higher priced "boutique" products. Most are sitting in my garage, nearly full. I tossed several of them when we moved, because I know I'll never use them again. The first thing we bought when we did our first vehicle cleaning here was....... Wax-As-U-Dry. I was almost out of the stuff..... Again.

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

Hard work!.

Gone in one rainstorm.

That's funny works great for me (on my $50,000.00 Silverado) there is a very good YouTube video that compares it to others and it holds up well. Congrats-I was waiting for the first bash comment.

I would suggest going down to Walmart and spending the meager $7.00ish dollars ( for a new bottle) and YOU TRY AGAIN.

I'm not bashing I'm leaving a comment on my experience.

It went on and off nicely - but Once Bitten not going there again until I forget
smile.gif

Maybe the VW had a different kind of "green" clear coat.

But like I said NO luck with sealer waxes on clearcocat since it became de rigueur

Maybe I have to add the detailer after.

I'm just trying to keep pine sap from leaving bullseyes in the White paint.

p.s.: Oh, I'm sorry you spent 50K$ on your Silverado.

Man GM is really taking its customers to the wood shed
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back