Noticed PUP has gone up nearly $3 a jug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my local Walmart I've noticed PUP 5 gallon jugs have gone up from $25.17 to $27.97 in the last few days. The "regular" PP has stayed the same @ $25.17.
All Synthetics from any brand or grade were $25.17 until this happened. Anyone know why PUP is the only one to buck this trend?

It only makes sense that Pennzoil would want more $$$ for there 'ultra' premium synthetic oil over their premium synthetic oil.
The $25.17 for all syns was a recent thing. WM used to charge extra for Mobil 1 EP over regular M1 and I'm sure they will again soon....
VSP is on 'Rollback' for $22.97 currently.

So the PUP grew into a DOG!?!

...somebody had to.
wink.gif

Because a bunch of BITOG maniacs drove to all the WMs in a 100 mile radius of where they live to buy up the "old" Ultra primarily for a Noack value that they can not even prove is what they think it is because they think the "old" Ultra is better even though SOPUS says the PUPwPP is their best oil to date even with it's atrocious 11% Noack now WM thinks that sales volume will continue on that product so they raised the price?

Just my opinion.

Its "Ultra,made from natural gas",of course Sopus would ask for more....lol

Originally Posted By: Lurgi
At my local Walmart I've noticed PUP 5 gallon jugs have gone up from $25.17 to $27.97 in the last few days. The "regular" PP has stayed the same @ $25.17.
All Synthetics from any brand or grade were $25.17 until this happened. Anyone know why PUP is the only one to buck this trend?

I've never seen the five gallon jugs you mention.
Five gallons for $27.97 would be quite the deal and imagine the FRN credits!

That extra 2 bucks per jug over Platinum is what killed Ultra before. I see SOPUS hasn't learned a thing from that...

Can you explain what you mean when you say Pennzoil Yellow Bottle lubricates better than Pennzoil Ultra Platinum?

Originally Posted By: rikstaker
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
$27.97 + 8.25% sales tax = $30.28 for 5 quarts of oil that doesn't lubricate as well as PYB.
33.gif

35.gif

Its slippery-er ... simple scientific test, just rub it between your fingers.
You can't get all the info from a product data sheet.

wink.gif

The price rollback had to be Walmart's way of clearing out the old PU.

I know specific Walmart stores dealt with it differently.

Now it's back to normal.

The Mobil price changes had to be a response to discount their premium product to match the Pennzoil deal.

SOPUS has an interesting pricing regime at Walmart with QSUD, PP, and PUP all being great synthetic oils within a few bucks of each other.

Is PUP worth $5 more than QSUD?

Only the consumer can decide....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back